Nightly builds (NEW)

I added the SDR2HDR stuff to be tested first because it was the first one that I figured out a possible solution for.

I’m still looking for a way to make it so that HDR2SDR is configurable again. Currently it seems to be always on for displays that don’t support HDR.

I will post an update once I figure out a solution to HDR2SDR being always on.

If anybody wants to continue to debate their opinions for or against the use of SDR2HDR or HDR2SDR, can you please make a separate post in the general section of the forum instead of cluttering up the Nightly Build thread. That way it’s easier to see what is working and what is not working when reading this thread.

thanks,

4 Likes

GT King Pro does not receive IP. The IP it receives is as follows 169.254.26.229.

1 Like

Try to unplug power cable, plug it again and check if it fixed

I’m getting the same error. My device GT King Pro.

sdr to hdr works on vim3/lg oled -> many thanks for the support

1 Like

HI. I first tried the nightly dated 14th February. Then the 15th Auto updated. The hit rate for scraping is now down to 20%, and I have tried many manual variations without success for the other 80%.
In the end i gave up and reinstalled the 14th Feb with the lan cable removed. I then changed Auto update to manual, plugged in the lan cable, and rejected the 15th when offered.
I thought Manual was the default for nightlies?

Please paste a link to your kodi.log before reverting so we can look at it further.

Will do…

How do you that? Any logs appear to be in the ext4 which i cannot see when i plug the SD card back in my PC.

With the last nightly, when pausing and restarting, my N2 restarts. This problem continues …

I’m glad to hear that that worked for you.

If it becomes a problem again in the future let me know. I can’t routinely test the current status of HDR related features, since I unfortunately don’t have a TV that supports HDR, so I’m dependent on feedback from people that do to keep me updated about such issues.

1 Like

Just tested nightly on my device and still working as before. Also update Android to latest version and CoreELEC still works.

So it must be something on your side.

will be done - thanks for your support

A 169.254 . x.x usually means that you are getting a physical Link, but cannot get an IP address from your router.

Ethernet or WiFi?
Are you using DHCP?
Do you have any VPN or firewall setup on the device or router?
Can you try to manually configure an IP address?
[You will need to know what IP range your router is setup to use, and the IP address of the router to do this. Also need to make sure that you pick an IP address that is not currently being used by another device on the network.]

I’m on 9.2.1 stable on an S905 box (Kii pro). Should I flash the latest nightly? Will I gain anything?

Give it a try but I say stay on official.

9.2.1 stable works correctly.

1 Like

Hi. Using the 19th Feb on 905x3. I have a lot of of interlaced videos from my old UK camcorder. Being the UK, they have the reversed field order to the USA. They look aweful. The wrong field order was not a problem I expected in 2020!

VLC for android does not have the problem. They have been around long enough to check for it.

You able to upload a sample of one of them?