Nightly builds (NEW)

You need the ng version.
The main difference is that one is running on your box the other doesn’t.

1 Like

hello! so i got a vim3l today htpc kit comes with 9.2.0 and theres allways hdr on gui and no hd sound passthrough (atmos) ,which nightly should i get?? i see several files to download , should i just get the .tar or do fresh install? it has 9.2.0 on internal as you know.

You can update it with the -ng .tar

2 Likes

Hello jaffac,
did you get this working? Unfortunately I experience the same issue.

Yes. My option is to start again. Download update.img and install to mmc with amlogic burn software. Then you download latest nightly tar file and move to update folder on mmc… Reboot.

Thanks!
That worked :slight_smile:

1 Like

FYI: I changed WOL to be disabled by default. So if you use WOL and didn’t explicit enable it in CoreELEC/settings/hardware please do so since nightly 20200305.

WOL needs to be disabled as default as maybe on some devices with not proper coded bootloader random wake up will happen. Also it will lower power loss in supend/power off state if WOL is disabled :wink:

1 Like

I have a X96 Max S905X2 4/32GB and Gigabit LAN. I have installed the newest nighly yesterday and using the correct s905x2_4g_1gb dtb. But I have a problem of can’t use the internet with Ethernet, even though in the connection setting, I can see and connect to the Wired setting with State shows ready. Wifi works fine and quite fast too. I have tried the ethernet on Android and it works perfectly. Is there any extra setting I have to do to make Ethernet work?

Try the dtb without 1 gb
Have you renamed the initial one to dtb.img

How do I enable “cron”?
http://ix.io/2dAL

I have renamed it to dtb.img from the beginning. And I checked the ethernet speed in Android, it reaches 900Mb/s so it’s the 1Gb ethernet version for sure…

As you can see service is already enabled (from CoreELEC settings). Now you need to add some job to it. But be careful: this is busybox cron with little different options.

crontab -e

Sorry, I’m stupid, I get it. It would be good to add " anacron".

Well, busybox cron can do most of the job so it should be sufficient.

If the device is not always on ?

Mine is not always on. What is the point?

As I understood that “cron” performs tasks on a schedule, “anacron” performs tasks if they were skipped.

Probably. But you could achieve the same with some more clever scripting.
For HTPC cron is probably sufficient for most users.

Hi guys,

With the last few nightly builds volume control with HDMI-CEC stopped working on my S905X3 (X96 Max+)