Nightly builds (NEW)

Updated to 15th nightly and after reconfigure hyperion.ng all working fine again.

this file ( UHD Panasonic Hokkaido and Tokio, and other 4k sdr files ) does flickering just at me in new nightly versions ?

Device H96X Max2, TV - Philips 55PUS7303

Thanks.

@Keltek and @OlpioFort can both of you give the feedback of your GT-King devices in this thread? Have you tested booting with toothpick method?

Here is my experience
1 updated from 20191204 Nightly with all plug-in installed and all stuff working ; result in bootloop.
After the booting screen with update progress the gt-king tries to boot but after beelink image appear the screen goes black and after that the beelink image is popping again , this in chain , think at least 5 minutes and then I took off the power cord

Flashed 906p0 from scratch booted and switched off , formatted sd card , flashed latest available nightly(20191214), did the first boot with inserted sd using toothpick metod = same result as above

Flashed again 906p0 from scratch and booted , formatted sd card and flashed with etcher the stable 9.2.1 , booted successfully with toothpick method configured , switched off, powered on the stable build clean without configuring media and/or plugin , updated to the latest nightly = same result as the above

I’m not at home now , and I’ll be back tomorrow evening , if there is a way to create a log / debug tell me how and I’ll try if needed

4k content seems to be broken for me.
TV says it’s receiving a 4k input but looks like 1080p.
E.g. I can see the top left 1/4 of the video and osd.

Also happens if changing GUI to 4k.
All I can see is top left 1/4 of screen.

Is this something to do with scaling.
I remember quite a while back we had the opposite where it would playback only in the top left corner and we had to remove something from guisettings but I cannot remember what it was

1 Like

That’s it.
Thanks boot2k3, working properly again now

After 2 hours in standby with black screensaver to turn off the ambilight, I turned on again to watch TV and leds turned on but if I go to watch TV they do nothing.

Entered to hyperion addon to turn off and turn on again, and box freezed, I entered via ssh to reboot, loged in, but reboot doesn’t do anything.

Has anyone tried x265 files that previously were reported to skip frames?

I haven’t tried x265 but I did retry and mpeg2 sample that used to give both my C2 and N2 fits and it played back perfect with the 1214 nightly and new experimental kernel.

1 Like

Wasn’t even aware the new kernel/nightlies is out. I have CE on N2 set to inform me on new nightlies but have not got a notice. Will look into it.

I try same method as @OlpioFort. I get latest nightly, flash it on USB storage and SD card and try the toothpick method - result in both experiments is bootloop.

Can you both check the revision of your GT-King?

When pausing video and going back a few minutes later the sound plays but the video is frozen at the pause point.

Stopping and starting the video from resume is the only way fix this.

Running the latest nightly on an ODroid N2.

S905X3 support has now been added and devices will be able to use tomorrow’s nightly with the correct device trees.

5 Likes

Great news, thank for you work

Is it understood yet why the Xbox One TV Tuner is not being recognised?

Yes and there’s work being done by the devs to address this issue. I think it will be solved in a short period of time.

Thanks for the clarification.

If you need an end user to test anything then I’m happy to assist.

Thanks - much appreciated!