Nightly builds (NEW)

If your little white switch on the right position you don’t have to do anything about petitboot.

Hi all, wondering if anything in the lastest nightlies impacted start from suspend? X96 Air - i have 2 boxes, one still has CE …321 nightly, and can go into suspend and come out with push of power button. The other has the most recent nighglies (up to …402 now) and no longer functions this way (but did prior to the recent updates). bl301 injection and config.ini changes does not help it. Just wondering, Thank you.

Edit - i just updated the …321 box to .402, and it now no longer powers on from suspend. I made no other change in that time.

Thanks for the replies @Pelican and @Sholander. I have had the switch in the right position for boot from SD card (I don’t have eMMC). I was just clutching at straws to try to find out why my SD card runs with stable but won’t boot after the nightly .tar file has updated the kernel etc.

I have just rebooted the fresh install nightly without anything attached via USB. I get:

Error in mount_flash: mount_common: Could not mount UUID=0702-2836.

Does this mean anything to anyone?

Stable and nightly are running from the same uSD card, or you have two of them ? Which make, model and size are they ?

I think this is a dead end @Sholander because the issue is that the stable version running from an SD card stops working after the nightly .tar has been added to .update followed by a reboot.

By using a second SD card to see if a brand new nightly would install, I’ve shown that it won’t.

To answer your question. Working card is a generic 32GB manufactured by PNY. (that’s what’s printed on it). Card has worked thro numerous nightly updates in the past but has been on stable for a while. It will not, now, update to nightly.

Non working brand new nightly install is on Sandisc Ultra 16GB. P.S. I have since reflashed this card with 9.2.1 stable and it resizes the partition and boots up fine.

I have been working with the nighly from 30/3. I shall have one last go with the latest nightly before reconciling myself to being stuck on 9.2.1. In time I can foresee me having to ask how to block the new stable version that I know the devs are working towards.

P.P.S. .tar update from 20200402 does exactly the same thing after the n2 reboots.

Once the update completes to nightly and doesn’t boot, have you tried transferring the dtb.img file from the stable image over to the new install?

Yes I have sammutd88. I even tried a dtb from 21/03, the night before you had your problems. I either get the same behaviour or just get stuck on the CoreELEC screen.

All the in and outs between the N2 and my pc has led to the card getting corrupted. Fortunately I have an image that I can restore from and that’s what I’m doing next. After that I am stopping and sticking with the rather excellent 9.2.1 stable!!

No worries, sounds like an odd, isolated issue. Only other thing I’d think of is a picky SD card situation. Samsung Evo Plus work well.

Thanks to all who tried to help on this. I agree that whatever it is it must be with my N2 but I haven’t a clue what. I’ve given up now but if I ever find out why it’s happened, I will post again.

Have you tried to flash a stable to sandisk, then update to latest nightly?

This means you copied your data from/to sd/USB/eMMC.
So the UUID of the media is different. Take the nightly img.gz, not tar file and create a new CE boot media where you want to have. Like on uSD in your case and it should boot. But you can not copy it to another storage 1:1 because of the UUID.

How we can use bluetooth and replace IR for Mecool Voice Remote? On stock Android remote works awesome in every direction and i want thaton Coreelec…

I’m not sure what Mecool Voice Remote you have but i think that the remote is an IR remote with bluetooth used for Voice Control Commands.
Voice control is not supported using CoreELEC…

Hi Portisch. To be clear, I have never copied COREELEC and STORAGE partions from one SD card to another. The new install I tried was burnt to the SD card using etcher from the CoreELEC .img.gz file. The most I’ve done is to subsequently copy SYSTEM, KERNEL and dtb.img files to the SD card in an attempt to get things working.

What I have done, and may have done before, is to restore an image of the entire SD card that was made using the Disks utility in Ubuntu. The restored SD card boots without problem and is of the 9.2.1 stable version. Could this be the reason for the mount flash UUID error? In my simpleton world, I wouldn’t think so but I’d welcome your thoughts on this.

Is there a way to force the GUI (and playback) resolution always to 2160p? The setting is sometimes lost after a reboot and it drops back to 1080p, which is annoying because the 720p stuff I play, is first upscaled to 1080p and then upscaled again by my TV to 2160p.

Anyway, you have something done that the UUID changed. When the message appear on screen there is a small console on screen. Type blkid and write down your UUID. Then move the media to pc and edit your boot.ini and change the UUID.

Thanks Portisch. I think you’ve pointed me in the right direction.

I have new KM9 with Voice control, but when i use Coreelec I must use my remote I have to keep it straight at the receiver but when I use stock Android i can use my remote at any direction with much more distance

Jump over to users of the KM9 thread

Can someone help me? I did:

Settings->System->Power saving->Shutdown function to “suspend”

However, I can’t turn on my N2 anymore with my infrared remote after that.

I changed back to “shutdown”, however, it seems still suspends because I can’t turn on the N2 anymore.

I just tried to reconfigure my remote but ir-keytable -u doesn’t show any code anymore. Is there something broken? I remember it worked when I set it up half a year ago.

Help is appreciated.