Nightly builds (NEW)

29-03-2020 CoreElec nightly build live tv test.
My device Beelink GT-King Pro + TBS5520SE-DVBS2 USB Tuner

dmesg | paste
http://ix.io/2fYI

try this image please: Latest nightly - Strange video slowdowns?

1 Like

Hi @Portisch thank you.
ā€œCoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.2-devel-1585564608.tarā€ This image works well.
No video stuttering after 20 minutes test good video.

Just tried updating my N2 from stable to nightly from 30/3. Got bootlooping with messaging about stack overflows in loads of text on screen ( sorry for the lack of detail, I was a bit anxious at the time). Iā€™ve restored to stable kernel, system and dtb and Iā€™m back up and running 9.2.1 stable - phew!

Just thought you should know.

Issue with pulseaudio and alsaā€¦ trying to use alsa pulse audio plugin (redirecting alsa output to pulseaudio), but it seems that alsa might be built wrong or something with hardcoded paths. when running speaker-test:

Playback device is default
Stream parameters are 48000Hz, S16_LE, 1 channels
Using 16 octaves of pink noise
ALSA lib /var/corebuild/CoreELEC/build.CoreELEC-Amlogic.arm-9.2-devel/alsa-lib-1.1.9/src/dlmisc.c:287:(snd1_dlobj_cache_get) Cannot open shared library /usr/lib/alsa/libasound_module_pcm_pulse.so ((null): /usr/lib/alsa/libasound_module_pcm_pulse.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
Playback open error: -6,No such device or address

My LD_LIBRARY_PATH includes:

:/storage/.kodi/addons/service.snapclient/lib:

Inside that directory is:

libasound_module_conf_pulse.so libasound_module_pcm_pulse.so
libasound_module_ctl_pulse.so

if helpful - output of aplay -L is:

null
Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)
Default ALSA Output (currently PulseAudio Sound Server)
sysdefault:CARD=AMLM8AUDIO
AML-M8AUDIO,
Default Audio Device
hdmi:CARD=AMLM8AUDIO,DEV=0
AML-M8AUDIO,
HDMI Audio Output

EDIT: in fact, it doesnt seem like alsa is built with any libs (/usr/lib/alsa does not exist)

EDIT2:
So it seems that the plugindir is required to be hardcoded at compile timeā€¦ you guys have the package build set with ā€œā€“with-plugindir=/usr/lib/alsaā€ , but you dont include alsa-plugins in coreelec?? Can we get alsa plugins included with correelec or at least have this compiled with the plugindir pointing to the snapcast directory indicated above

EDIT 3: please implement this patch: https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/blob/master/pkgs/os-specific/linux/alsa-lib/alsa-plugin-conf-multilib.patch

It has been used in NixOS since 2014 so that means it is probably clean and stable

1 Like

Iā€™ve been trying to get some NTSC VFR video working properly. The clip Iā€™ve tested, contains a mixture of progressive 23.976 and 29.97 fps parts. The Adjust display refresh rate is set as ā€˜On start/stopā€™ but still the 23.976 fps parts seem to confuse the player. In this clip of mine, playback starts properly (29.97 fps part), then the refresh rate seems to change as the screen goes black for a while (a short 23.976 fps part), plays back normally, then the next 29.97 fps part is very choppy because the refresh rate is incorrect. After a while, black screen and then playback is normal. PAL VFR has no issues and plays perfectly, probably because the refresh rate is 50Hz all the time anyway.

So, is there any way to force the playback to what it detects at the beginning or is this a clear bug that should be reported to Kodi bug tracker? I understand that VFR is frowned upon, but some stuff is just so horribly mastered that there is no proper way around it.

I tried updating to the latest nightly again after a another forum member kindly messaged me to say they had successfully updated their N2 from stable to nightly. I get exactly the same - boot looping with the CoreELEC splash screen having loads of white text appearing down the left hand side of the screen.

Although restoring to stable is easy, I donā€™t want to be stranded on it if you release a new stable version. Similarly, I donā€™t relish a new install and setting up NFS server, Plex via docker, config.ini for the remote etc.

Has anyone got any idea of what could be causing this? I know Iā€™ve not given much detail of the text that appears but it means nothing to me. Would a photo of the screen help?

P.S. Iā€™m running from SD card.

Before the last nigthly, i canĀ“t change boot image:

mount -o remount,rw /flash && cp /storage/oemsplash.png /flash/oemsplash.png && mount -o remount,ro /flash && reboot

This functionality was removed. Now only build-in splash image can be shown.

Minix U22-XJ is out and I read that it has some problem to boot by SD and USB resolvable by a minix firmware update. Where youā€™ll announce news about this issue?
Furthermore, I just read on Minix forum that first OTA is available. Somebody tried that firmware?
Thanks

@glat your mistaken, the issues COULD be resolved but as of yet they have not been which is a shame because its probably the best S922X TV box on the market.

We had early samples of this device in January and noticed the issues back then and tried to work with Minix to resolve them before its release but we have just had no response to any of our queries.

Both of the 2 issues could be resolved very very easily by Minix in an OTA.

I will try the OTA later and see if the issues have been resolved but until they are resolved then I couldnā€™t in good conscience recommend anybody buying this device because you will not be able to run CoreELEC on it unless you open it up and attach a UART adaptor to the board.

I will update this post if the situation does change with this device.

Sad about that.
Thanks for all your efforts.

I seemed to have lost my ethernet connection on a Beelink GT King. It has been like this for the last 4 nightly build. I am no longer able to get an IP from DHCP. Only get the default local ip address given when communication the network is not available.

Because of pirate box sellers, we donā€™t want them using our official images by simply rebranding CE. The majority of users will not care about an image they only see for 5 seconds.

1 Like

Ah, I see. I am get used to put there name of room, where box is installed, like bedroom or living room, so thats pity. But I understand that reason.

The explanation is a few posts up. They donā€™t want pirate box sellers rebranding CE. Itā€™s totally irrelevant anyway, itā€™s a 2 second splash screen. Moving onā€¦

1 Like

My last 2 posts have been about my problems in updating from stable to nightly on N2 running from SD card.

I thought Iā€™d try something else, so I burnt a nightly image to a spare SD card using etcher. The new installation fails in the same way as the updates did!

Could it be that I have to now look at petitboot? Sorry if this is an idiot question but I donā€™t have the foggiest about what it is and what it does, I only know itā€™s part of the N2 and Iā€™ve never updated it.

I canā€™t understand why stable works without issues but the updates fail to boot after the system and kernel have been updated.

If you have enable petitboot it runs a different bootloader to the standard Coreelec one. This is the cause of the bootloop. I have a similar issue in that I have petitboot pointing to my CE and it boots fine through this and allows upgrades without issue. However if I switch off petitboot and try to boot the same CE partition it bootloops.
I suggest that the best way to get this to work is to either sxwitch off petitboot and see if it boots again, or create a new SD card and reinstall petitboot and point it to this new SD card. Backup all your data first and restore your backup once you have a working system.

Shoog

In which position is your SPI switch when you try to install from uSD card ? Do you also have eMMC card attached while installing CE from uSD card ? In that case which OS is installed on eMMC ?
BTW, before you try again with a fresh nightly install from uSD card, put SPI switch to the right position (eMMC position), take out all USB devices and eMMC board.