Nightly builds (NEW)

Change hdmi to surround71 as this is default now.

I can’t see the connection to the fact that automatic switching to Bluetooth audio is not working anymore as well. But never mind, I’ll stick to nightly 20200330, it’s doing everything I need.
Maybe in the future, other will experience the same problem, and then it might get some more attentions from the devs.

Yeah that’s fine just don’t provide any useful feedback and expect us to fix it when more people complain, very clever idea that.

1 Like

I don’t want to be rude or have an argument with you, because I appreciate a lot what you and your colleagues are doing here (for free!). But in this particular case, it has nothing to do with what you’re suggesting, because the udev rules itself are not executed in a consistent way. I made a simple shellscript, just outputting the time&date to a log file, and by turning on/off my Bluetooth headphones, the script is not executed consistently. While it is with Nightly 20200330. Maybe something is changed in the udev mechanism, I don’t know, I can only tell you my experience with it.
And my “fix” to use the 20200330 nightly for the time being is for not bothering you and your team just after a stable release with many questions etc, while a workable solution is available for me.

and I can tell you it has nothing to do with what your suggesting either, nothing has changed in how udev works.

You haven’t given us anything useful to work with, what device your using? what bluetooth chip is in your device? no logs? nothing. From your post I can deduce your issue only with using my crystal ball.

If you follow the thread (it was originally a discussion with @cdu13a, which you picked up), you could see that it was concerning the VIM3L. I didn’t know I need to repeat all the previous thread messages with every new post. Mea Culpa.
But really, never mind, I stepped on some tows somehow, and that’s really not worth it.

1 Like

Finally got to testing your issue with switching the audio settings on connect/disconnect of Bluetooth device.

Not sure exactly what is happening yet, but It seems to be connected to the systemd bump on April 1st.

3 Likes

Just installed the 04/23 nightlie on Vim3L. No issues I can see (except it changing my remote back to meson-remote from meson-ir which I pretty much expected).
But I do have one big question: Tomorrow if I get the notice that an upgrade is available will it be a new nightly or will it take me back to 9.2.2?

Had to uninstall the nightly and back grade to stable 9.2.2 Some peculiar issues.

Updated to CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.2-nightly_20200430 from CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.2-nightly_20200423 (A95X Max S905X2) but whenever I use poweroff, via GUI or command, a reboot is executed, so the only ay to power off is to physically switch the box off.

Reverting back to CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.2-nightly_20200423 restores the functionality.

Can you try without any dvb or usb devices attached?

Yes it works when there TV tuners are not attached.

If memory serves me correctly this has happened before and was connected to the Xbox one tuners.

There is nothing that has been added that would really cause this behaviour, you need to provide a dmesg of 20200430 with your dvb adaptors attached.

dmesg

http://ix.io/2kp5

I cant see any crash in your kernel log but I have an S905X2 device and the Xbox TV tuner adaptor so I will try it later and see if I can reproduce.

Someone have an idea ?

What can be modified/settings changed ?

Last time you say than screen size isn’t the same but it’s the same rj45 cable same tv same hardware this time only software change.

Updated to CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.2-nightly_20200503 and noticed that whilst I normally manually use a manual IP address, this update reset things back to DHCP.

Easily resolved but worthy of note.

my GUI resolution was resetted by nightly-ng 20200503 from 3840x2160p@30Hz to 1920x1080@59.94.
no problem to change it again, but…
Was this and the IP config change intended?

I would’ve thought you want the GUI at 1920x1080. I thought 4K HDR won’t work if you run the GUI at 4K.

It works fine.

1 Like

Not true, GUI has tearing at 4k60.