Nightly builds (NEW)

I meant that HDR works fine with GUI at 4K.

I use GUI with 4k@30 on N2, no tearing. Resolution switching works and movie posters are much more clearer and not so pixelated as with GUI set to 1080p.Small text on the posters are readable, witj 1080p not.
But that is the only advantage I can see. I use Confluence.

Another advantage the picture viewer shows the images at 4k resolution instead of fullHD.

Isn’t one advantage also that there’s no upscaling twice (first to 1080p by the box and then to 4K by the TV) with content that has a lower resolution than 1080p/i?

Updated to CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.2-nightly_20200503 on X96Air S905X3,which i got to play around with. Since the update SMB media play stopped after a few seconds. Resolved by changing the “buffermode” from 1 to 0 in advancedsettings.xml.

that seems morelike to workaround… maybe something fishy in network? did you tried nightly before? without buffer specific settings?

Yes,previous Nightly release worked fine,no changes in the network.I have a Minix U9-H running latest stable Coreelec release for S912, which had no problem playing content via SMB from same source.

My pictures go blank when I open the file?
Edit: Actually realised I cant open any photos now? Checked back and its same with release so must something else.

I’ll say what everyone’s thinking - there’s a picture viewer in Kodi/CoreElec? Lol had no idea.

Facetious :slight_smile:
So does your Picture viewer work?

0509 nightly does not pass HDR10+, only HDR. Same source in stable 9.2.2 displays HDR10+. Same issue 0506.

Have any crashing issues been fixed on N2 in nightly since 9.2.2 ? Mine crashes very often :frowning:

This clip freezes playback on my N2 and after a while, Kodi returns to the GUI.
I’ve posted this problem in the v9.2.2 discussion thread, but I got no feedback for the sample clip. Happens with the latest nightly (20200509) as well. Can anyone confirm the issue?

doesn’t freeze on a x88 king running the latest -ng nightly i build myself, so from this morning.

@Boulder Yep, I can confirm, both 20200509 and 20200513 nightly’s hard crash and restart Kodi on my N2.

The clip works fine on my N2 running the latest nightly but when I attempted to watch Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi a few weeks ago, CoreELEC froze at the same scene in the film you’ve created a clip from and then returned to the home screen. I started the film again and fast forwarded past that scene and the same thing happened 5 or so minutes later. In the end I gave up trying to watch the film.

On the MakeMKV forum there’s a Star Wars 4K UHD thread and some users who were trying to backup their discs were running into problems. Some had errors, jumps ect and when they replaced the discs the problems went.

One user said:

Does this correspond to around the time that alien subtitles are entering or leaving the video? This is a video/audio glitch that is caused by Disney’s complex branching authoring that displays those subtitles in alternate languages. When ripped to MKV you get glitches baked into the resulting file. None of the available MKV ripping tools have yet been able to eliminate this on UHD discs. If you rip to full disc and play that you will avoid that problem.

Tonight or tomorrow I will play the film from the full disc’s folder and report back.

@Boulder The issue seems to be with the audio track.

I remuxed it first removing the tag and chapter tracks, leaving just the video and audio and it still crashed Kodi.

I then removed the audio track, leaving just the video track and it plays perfectly fine.

it says it’s dolby truehd audio track. 7.1 24 bit.

Some audio tracks, if they have too high a bitrate can cause problems for Kodi. There’s a thread on here where users have found that true hd tracks with a bitrate of about 11mbit/s or higher can cause skipping and other sort of problems, maybe it’s related to that. If that’s the case, it would be a Kodi issue.

multi pcm does that work?