Nightly builds (NEW)

Don’t have any issue with this video on N2 on nightly if it passed to AVR as TrueHD
If it converted to PCM then it crash kodi

1 Like

Why would you use LPCM for TrueHD Atmos sound track? Use HDMI Passthrough.

It explains why I’ve never had this crash…

didn’t even know ce supported atmos.

In my test earlier I had my AVR on, I just played the clip again with my AVR off and CoreELEC crashes.

Decoder stucks when a video started on top of a playing iptv stream.
Steps to reproduce:

1. play a stream via IPTV Simle or any other plugin
  2. Send any type of HD video via Yatse or any other remote
  3. System will stuck at buffering logo and you need to power off device to get it back on.

My device Tanix TX5 Pro
Latest nightly (although started way back in 9.2.1-9.2.2)
01_KODI.7z (641.3 KB)

routir, I just played one HD TV channel and then start playing one HD movie over kodi web interface. Didn’t had any issue. Device is VIM3.

Probably something to do with the inner workings, yes. In my case, the issue occurs also when transcoding the TrueHD track to AC3 (or does Kodi demux the core track?) to passthrough to my TV. As I wrote in the 9.2.2 thread, I think that it hangs at the keyframe which would also indicate a bitrate thing because they have the highest ones of all in the stream.

what kind of cpu does your box have? I read s922x. Maybe it’s a dtb.img thing. Try kodi on android of the box.

I suggest you guys try to reproduce this on a different platform, like a PC and see if it’s a general Kodi problem or an Amlogic (CoreELEC) specific problem.

Just installed the latest stable Kodi on my Win10 laptop and tested the clip – works fine.

With identical audio configuration?

Should be, using DirectSound and 2.0 channel configuration so Kodi needs to decode the TrueHD track and downmix the same way as with my N2.

i know dolby atmos tracks have dolby truehd track with them. So, it’s backwards compatible. Truehd itself should be very compatible. I stay with it, you try test android kodi on the box.

Maybe you need a fresh install of ce?

I highly doubt that so many installs of CE would be borked, especially as bitstreaming the TrueHD track works and decoding it to LPCM first doesn’t.

It’s s905x specific.
s905x2/s905x3 work just fine.

1 Like

Hi!
Why was the build removed from the date 200519 ?

It’s in the archive folder:

https://relkai.coreelec.org/?dir=archive

I know, I wanted to know the reason?

I don’t know, maybe a new build failed and the old build was still archived.