Nightly builds (NEW)

I gave it a try, connected directly to Sony ATV
resolution @ 3840x2160p/60 whenGUI scaling is off there is still a black screen during boot and before Kodi is up
When GUI scaling is ON, the default resolution goes into 720x840i and when changing to 2160p it comes a little bit stretched on the wideside…
After a 2nd reboot is comes on well, although CE splash screen appears twice on the screen… from 3rd boot on it works perfect, on reboot/splash and Kodi.
Will keep testing, though looks to be working well!

There should not be any black screen caused by resolution switch. What do you mean it changes into 840i?

When I enabled the GUI scale and restarted the device went on 840i resolution, so I had to change to 2160p and had to reboot to get proportion right as it was stretched

Strange. Using 4K with gui scaling should work exactly as before. What resolution did you use when you enabled gui scaling?

2160p.
It was always like that with config.ini hdmi mode as shared previously, so effectively 1080p on GUI
I mean before installing the latest dev build

The only thing I see with GUI scaling is that it flickers a tiny ms on boot. This is due to freescale being disabled. When using 4K without scaling it never changes neither framebuffer nor display resolution so there should be no flicker nor black screen. Same for 1080p or 720p.

Ohh I could repoduce the issue. I will look into it

Excellent, thanks :+1:
After turning on the GUI scale flag I’d to reboot twice to get it alright

The Guiscaling is triggering a resolution.ini write but sometimes I get from the mediacenter GetCurrentResolution function an empty resolution which results into “hdmimode=”, so empty. Which leads to using the lowest resolution of the TV.
Thanks for pointing it out. I will look into it.

1 Like

ssv6051 wifi driver broken in Amlogic 3.14 after latest commit
when i try modprobe dmesg show me this
ssv6051: Unknown symbol sdio_clk_always_on (err 0)
in 4.9 kernel all ok, but 3.14 lacks this function

I think I fixed it if you want to give it a try:
https://mega.nz/file/c0gDEYrC#Ol8hsXwIh54l-_XAwyuE2YIxaL35en0JILp2b54jM5k

Just did.
On first reboot all looks good goes straight to Kodi and good resolution :+1::+1:

1 Like

What is the state of wireguard support these days?

Hi @Ray does the latest nightly include your fix? so safe to update in this regards? thanks!

Try it on the next nightly build and let me know if it works or still broken.

As of tonight’s(20200716) nightly build owners of GXL(S905X/S905D/S905W) based devices will have the option of using either the amlogic build with the 3.14 kernel that they were already using, or they can now try using their device with an amlogic-ng install.

NOTE: there was a change that was made after the GXL stuff was merged that didn’t take into account the LePotato. It’s recommended that with the 20200716 nightly build that you don’t set your gui resolution to 4k, and that you also change your gui resolution to 1080p before updating to this build. This will be fixed in the 20200717 nightly build.

After months of doing seperate funhouse(experimental) builds and working on support for these devices to the amlogic-ng builds, we now feel like we are at the point that this is working well enoug that we can move this work into the main builds for more people to try.

While many people have helped test on different devices so far, there may still be some unkown issues and bugs. So try at own risk. One area that has not been tested is the random assortment of unsupported install to internal setups some people may be using.

To get started using an amlogic-ng build on a GXL(S905X/S905D/S905W) based device. The device tree names are the same as they were on the old amlogic builds. So if you used the gxl_p212_2g.dtb before it’s will be the gxl_p212_2g.dtb for these builds as well. Do make sure that you use dtb from the device_trees directory on the amlogic-ng install image, since if you use the dtb from another source it will not work!

New installs, if your device required you to hold the reset button on your first boot of CoreELEC before you will need to do so again on first boot of an amlogic-ng install. There are some differences between the boot scripts.

Upgrading from an amlogic to an amlogic-ng install. While moving between the amlogic and amlogic-ng has been done succesfully by a few people testing with gxl based devices, I would suggest doing a backup before doing this. Switching between amlogic and amlogic-ng needs to be done by a manual update.

Step #1 place the amlogic-ng update tar file into the .update folder.
Step #2 create an empty .nocompat file in the .update folder.
(you can not switch to a amlogic-ng build without this step)
Step #3 reboot your device. it should proced the same as a normal update at this point.

This is only for GXL(S905X/S905D/S905W) devices. If your device is a GXBB(S905) or GXM(S912) based device or you don’t know what soc is in your device then do not try to update to an amlogic-ng install. Your device is not supported by amlogic-ng! and will stop booting if you try!

10 Likes

I started a list of GXL(S905X/S905D/S905W) devices that people who have tested with the amlogic-ng images have found to work well.

https://discourse.coreelec.org/t/do-amlogic-ng-builds-work-well-on-gxl-s905x-s905d-s905w-devices/12179/2

3 Likes

I’ve been getting quite a lot of crashes when resuming playback, i.e. the screen just dims as if the playback would resume but then Kodi returns to the main menu after some time. In the crash log, there are a lot of items like this prior to the crash, basically the whole file list of the folder in question is there. I have not tried to playback those files, maybe it’s Kodi just scanning for thumbnails to display or something like that? It seems to try opening also non video files like Avisynth scripts.

2020-07-16 01:18:43.862 T:3206992768 ERROR: Open - Unhandled exception
2020-07-16 01:18:43.862 T:3206992768 ERROR: Open - Error opening nfs://192.168.0.50/c/Share/x264/The Walking Dead - S03E02.mkv
2020-07-16 01:18:43.862 T:3206992768 ERROR: InputStream: Error opening, nfs://192.168.0.50/c/Share/x264/The Walking Dead - S03E02.mkv

Does this point to a problem in my NFS server on the PC or something else? The libraries in Kodi get their files using SMB shares. I never got SMB shares working properly on the PC so NFS was an easy way out.

And another question regarding the info in the crash log… why does Kodi set the refresh rate to 59.94 fps and not 50 fps (or 25)? Disp_cap has those available.

2020-07-16 01:42:38.636 T:4064632256 NOTICE: Whitelist search for: width: 640, height: 480, fps: 25.000, 3D: false
2020-07-16 01:42:38.637 T:4064632256 NOTICE: Display resolution ADJUST : 3840x2160 @ 59.94 - Full Screen (16) (weight: 0.000)

Which build do you use on which box?