Nightly builds (NEW)

http://ix.io/2s9I

i have tested a w95 box and with this box, i have this error not.

and here the same a95x box with 3.14 nightly
http://ix.io/2s9N

No issues with latest NG nightly here (A95X Max). Rebooted 3 times and the MAC address is retained.

On my Mecool KM8 (S905X), running 2020716.ng nightly, mac address does not change after reboot/power off.

The latest nightly 20200718 tested on S912 works very poorly. Keyboard actions are terribly slow. The firmware is useless and I had to reinstall the latest stable version 9.2.3

Thats very strange i have this error only with one box.
I have not this error with nightly 20200716 and 20200717. with this nightly, i have the correct MAC adress.

here is the dmesg from 20200717
http://ix.io/2sai

The one before that is ok?

I will test previous versions to see when started the problem with slow keyboard response.

Nightly for S912 test

20200712 - good
20200714 - good
20200715 - good
20200716 - not tested - only available for amlogic-ng
20200717 - not tested - only available for amlogic-ng
20200718 - very bad - useless - keyboard actions are terribly slow

So there could be differences in set-up/addons that could potentially affect things?

So maybe create a fresh build to sd card/flash drive and boot with no modifications or additions and see if you get the same result.

Only differences since 15th July Amlogic Project related:

This is the Kodi change (cec related)

I tested my USB keyboard remote and my wired USB remote and both worked just fine in my S912 VIM2.

I also started to see different MAC address on every reboot (Le Potato). I believe this and this commits are the problem.

Upd: reverting those 2 commits fixed the MAC for me.

I have also tested it with a fresh install. In this case i have seen that with nightly 20200718 the MAC problems come.

Good.That helps to eliminate a lot of potential issues and will narrow down diagnosis.

NexBox A95X-B7N with nightly 2020-07-18 -ng build using gxl_p212_1g.dtb booting from 16 GB SD Card: all hardware functional and working to manufacturer specifications.

I have also test the new ng nightly and have the same error.

The random MAC address issue should be fixed in tonight’s nightly build. The GXL devices effected by this will end up having a different MAC then they had with the 3.14 kernel, however it will now remain consistent between reboots.

2 Likes

i have tested it and have now after every reboot the same MAC. Error should be fixed now.

I have been testing last 3 nightly build on tx3 mini - s905w chipset on ng build based on 4.9.113 vendor kernel. It is great to have ng build and every works great for the most part.

I have found an issue as i am getting no sound from PCM headphone from kodi thought i can play *.wav file from command line

**bash# aplay untitled.wav (works)**

Playing WAVE ‘untitled.wav’ : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 44100 Hz, Mono

**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: AMLMESONAUDIO [AML-MESONAUDIO], device 0: I2S T9015-audio-hifi-0 []
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: AMLMESONAUDIO [AML-MESONAUDIO], device 1: SPDIF dit-hifi-1 []
card 0: AMLMESONAUDIO [AML-MESONAUDIO], device 2: PCM pcm2bt-pcm-2 []