Nightly builds (NEW)

I know that’s an old version but no this issue is on a nightly (Nightly20200411) but no one reply and closed the thread due to a newer version without received any reply. But this issue persist since 9.0.0 (stable) version or even before and even on all nightly tested and not seem depend to the samba server version due to very old samba and latest samba version change nothing.

I have already catch the bug long time ago but someone ask me to test on the same TV (resolution) but it’s exactly the same issue. Without information I can’t give you any other logs than that because it’s always the same issue with a freeze time.

I can’t come from 8.95.5 and try all versions until now because can’t download anymore the img file because only source available and not found anywhere how to compile that to img.gz for my device LePotato. But after 8.95.5 and before 9.0.0 was working well not too much version and change no ?

I have another question CoreElec logs are write inside ram and only write each Xmb log size on the sdcard or directly on sdcard ?
Older version 8.95.X seem more stable to sdcard corruption than recent version but may be my sdcard. I reinstall almost never the 8.95.x rock stable but reinstall often the latest 9.2.x/recent nightly because crash often when you launch a movie, music or anything by going to green screen and reboot even crash during reboot take 3/4 restart for reach CoreElec home screen. I have try 3/4 different sdcard but always the same even on nightly version. I think there’s more writing on the sdcard than before.

Can you give me a link where I can found lepotato nightly from Nov 16 2018 to Feb 19, 2019 ?
Like that I can give you exact version where this bug come and persist.

Crash to the green screen seem appear near the 9.0 release too. Just seem strange than no one have these issues even if work a little better with 1080p movie but can crash too.

Lepotato has moved on to 4.9 kernel recently. We don’t keep ancient pre releases on disk sorry. You could try to compile that tag. If you are lucky it will work but probably not.

older nightlies can be accessed here: http://coreelec.relkai.org/

Settings - “Coreelec” does not include “hardware”.
CoreELEC-Amlogic.arm-9.2-nightly_20200728-Generic.img.gz

Have you checked under the CoreELEC configuration addon?

I’ve not checked the latest nightly for 3.14 yet but the NG version still has it.

Hardware section is not supported by GXL devices as the bl301 injection is not available yet.

Setting governor? How can I change it now?

Hi, I’ve been trying to sort this out for the month and just can’t figure out a solution. Using the Odroid N2 and the Vim3L (both Coreelec editions) I’ve run every update for the month.
The 7/15 version is the only one that runs as expected. The 7/16 version can run rather jerkily but acceptablly but it will not survive a reboot and when used to recover from the most current nightlies it will behave in the same fashion as the nightly downgrading from.
The problem on the nightlies is confusing but simply expressed. The behaviour on both devices is similar enough to be near identical.
The Kodi GUI becomes unbearably sluggish. Using an ir remote the GUI takes 3 to 5 seconds to respond to a key press. About 30% of the time the keypress is ignored.
Using the Kore wifi remote the response times doubles. Using a keyboard and mouse the times are more similar to the wifi remote.
SSHing into the box remains normal. There are no dmesg out of place. Nothing in the error logs or the event logs. On the Vim3L TOP shows no extraordinary issues but on the N2 it idles at 83% sometimes jumping to as high as 236% with no outside input.
I’ve tryed messing with a lot of different settings with no real noticable change. I don’t run any banned addons.
Hope there is a simple solution I’ve missed. Really want to see your Kodi 18.8

Everyone with a N2+. Please don’t enable the usbpower setting in config.ini or in GUI. It might break your USB3 controller for good. We disabled the option from the next nightly.

SOLVED with a Soft Reset in CoreELEC (I could not find out where the error was)

I’ve seen the issue (tv box remote being very slow + bluetooth mouse etc, 5 second for each press)

CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.2-nightly_20200615-Generic.img.gz okay

From

CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.2-nightly_20200716-Generic.img.gz starts to go slow

I’ve tried to analyse it to give more info to the dev’s

In my case I tracked it down to CEC, after trial and error, I’ve previously modified CEC to “switch source to this device on start up” to disabled

Every restart the include remote would be very slow i.e. 5 second to response to a key press, using the TV remote generally brought this back to life & I can then use the included remote. This no longer works, not sure which build.

In my case to work around the issue I set “switch source to this device on start up” to enabled (which is the default, I’m okay to leave this as it is), also disabling CEC works as well

This is on Air 96x box (S905x3) and cheap Panasonic TV, however, I have Nexbox a95x (S905x) connect to an old Sony TV, this does not have the issue… I suspect it’s a bit more complicated than my case

It’s an odd issue, hopefully the above helps

CEC is broken somehow anyway. Not sure why yet.

@relkai

coreelec.relkai.org seems to be missing quite a few of the old nightlies.

20200715 to 20200729 seem to be missing. The directories are empty apart from the changelog and the directories all have a time stamp of around 2020-07-30 17:24:25, like they all got overwritten or deleted at about the same time.

Have a look at some of the recent posts about an issue for the N2+ with a setting available in some builds that were removed to prevent potential damage to boards.

Ok, thanks, I haven’t really followed this thread for awhile.

I’m just trying to roll back to diagnose a problem I’m having with nightly 20200731 and the add-on browser being empty, I’m not sure if it’s a CoreELEC issue or a Kodi 18.8 issue, I suspect the latter.

I’ve just updated to the same build on NG and its OK for me,

I have the previous nights tar files for generic NG and regular flavours if you want me to upload for you.

Thanks, but I downgraded to 20200714 and then back up to 20200731 and it has fixed the issue.

Build 20200731 broke something with ftpe support, i can see my root folders but inside of them i have no content. Im running filezilla server for ftpe on my windows 10 pro server in datacenter. Prior to that problem i did have problems that kodi did not wanted to connect to server with my VALID lets encrypt certs but i fixed that with not so good verifypeer=false argument

And i cant go back to 0730 build since archive have no files

What version exactly do you need?
– Link removed –