Nightly builds (NEW)

The fuzzy font during the update process. 4K GUI and scaling on.

You have to stop Kodi before making changes to guisetting.xml otherwise theyā€™ll reappear.

from ssh

systemctl stop kodi

then make changes to guisetting.xml and either reboot or restart kodi using:-

systemctl start kodi

1 Like

Yes, I jumped that partā€¦

OK, after stopping kodi I could modify guisettings.xml easily. The fuzziness is fixed/worked around for the moment and I have a much crisper UI now, too. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Overscan is of course disabled on my TV. The <overscan> sections had seemingly bogus values, however, like {0, 0, 1920, 1080} for 4K resolution entries. That may have caused the quarter-size display(?).

Audio still out of sync after leaving movie paused for few minutes. Video shutters as well. All from external 2.5" HDD, CE from EMMC.
X96 Max Plus 4/64 latest nightly, dtb updated from previous mega link . Failed to paste log file to ix.io from menu.
Box connected directly to Panasonic TV. Only skin changed to Confluence.

I removed the dtbs, use nightly build only.

And include debug logs next time.

Will do next time. I see it is shift+control+D - thatā€™s the log you are looking for?
Will flash it again using latest build.

@licentia, @kmhofmann
4k GUI scaling fixed in current nightly.

Many thanks

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: CoreELEC 20.0-Nexus_alpha1 (pre-release)

http://ix.io/3ONN - audio out of sync from very beginning of the movie file. File on USB HDD.
Only thing to add is that box was on all the time since last nighlty build no reboot/restart etc.

I hope this file is ok now and will help.

Also check same thing after reboot. To compare the result.

No, after reboot it is ok but it occurs even then at some stages but hard to log that and reproduce straight away.

Netflix woes are back!

Havenā€™t used my MINIMXIII s905X in a week or so, when I got back to it, the 19.4 Nightly 20220205 was waiting for reboot. Then I tried watching Netflix, there was a Widevine CDM update available (2007.something) so installed that as well, and now anything I play in Netflix slightly stutters and audio gets out of sync. When I press pause, video continues to run for some time before it stopsā€¦usually playing a video from the beginning starts OK but audio sync progressively drifts away. If resume, audio is already de-+synced and picture stuttersā€¦

Anyone experiencing the same thing, any ideas? Did the latest Widevine break something?

Have you tried to replicate the issue with a clean install (CE and Netflix only) from sdcard or usb flash drive?

No, Iā€™m reluctant because Iā€™ve gone through hell to install it in the first placeā€¦

What resolution of NF stream are you trying to play? S905X SoC can handle max 720p, with lower to medium bit rate. In Netflix setting enable VP9 profiles and then try.
Btw, latest Widevine works OK, did not brake anything for meā€¦

X96mini 2GB/16GB Matrix not working - #10 by Garcea see if itā€™s a solution for you

There seems to be an issue with the latest widevine.
I went back to 4.10.2252.5 which solved the stuttering. Found lots of posts on the Kodi forum about it

Thanks to all. I did my search but found nothing about it. I have indeed restored a version of Widevine that was offered under ā€œrestoreā€ option but with no success. I have also tried changing from h.264 but no change.

However I tried the restore again and I was offered Widevine v.4.10.2252.5. I restored to that version and it works!!! 1080p, as before.