Nightly builds (NEW)

Yes, this version works fine for now. Took me some time to troubleshoot before i found the issue

Moral: never upgrade if it works :smile:

I am expecting at one point, the current version will be revoked. By then i hope the next version works :wink:

With the 2/9 nightly I’m experiencing insanely high CPU usage; like from 18% on previous to a constant 90%+ on all cores.
This on N2+ (4g RAM).

And which process is running?

Running TOP it was kodi.bin that was spiking it, going from 30% to $110%!. Rebooting it didn’t fix it but disconnecting it from power for a couple hours has calmed everything down. A bit higher than previous but not abhorrent. Left it on for overnight and will see what happens in the morning.

Didn’t try nightlies for around 2 weeks. Installed yesterday nightly and again got error about TVHeadend and DVB channels not starting. Reverted to RC2 and everything ok again

@crazyturk
What are aq and vq values while watching this channel in Player Debug Info?

Is there releases.json for CoreElec 20?

No as there is no ce-20 release yet

The last 3 Nexus Nightly’s 20220220, 20220219 and 20220217 all randomly hard crash Kodi when browsing certain addons, for example script.embuary.info and plugin.video.themoviedb.helper

Crash log

It’s maybe better to reproduce the issue on a official supported platform and open a issue a XBMC GitHub.

CE is a bit fast updated so there might issues come up even TK doesn’t know about it.

@Portisch Yep, That’s the thing I can’t reproduce on any other platform, I’ve just spent the past hour testing all the February nightly’s for Windows and Linux and can’t reproduce the issue, it only seems to effect CoreELEC.

Managed to find a 20220121 tar and that doesn’t have the issue.

On last couple of nightlies I seem to have lost the “heartbeat” control. I can’t find it in CoreElec sttings or in the config.ini file (where at least I could turn it off!) Is it gone forever or am I missing something?
Oh Odroid N2+.

The option is now moved almost a year ago. Maybe you should update more often…
https://wiki.coreelec.org/coreelec:ce_addon_hardware

Can you put it on a todo list? Or check if it maybe get solved on newer nightlies?
Nexus is just hold in sync to CE-19 but it’s not active used and/or worked on.

In you crash log I see libpython3.9.so.1.0 do crash. So when you try to compare it on another platform you will need to have same python version installed. Would be not the first time python is the reason of kodi crash.

You can try to revert Python3: update to 3.9.10 ¡ CoreELEC/CoreELEC@1f01979 ¡ GitHub and use Python 3.8.12 and test again.

You should make fresh sd card/usb stick and install just a addon which crashes. Then we can replicate.
I just tried plugin.video.themoviedb.helper and I could browse around without a crash.

Has something changed in the latest nightlies (I’m running the 20220226 on my N2) regarding whitelisting?
I was wondering why a 720p@23.976 fps video file was output at 1080p as it’s normally done at 2160p since the original resolution is not whitelisted. Now the video is upscaled twice; once in the N2 to 1080p and another time in the TV to 2160p. The GUI is set to 2160p and all 1080p and 2160p choices are whitelisted.

2022-03-01 23:58:43.038 T:3687 INFO : [WHITELIST] Searching the whitelist for: width: 1280, height: 720, fps: 23.976, 3D: false
2022-03-01 23:58:43.040 T:3687 INFO : Display resolution ADJUST : 1920x1080 @ 23.98 - Full Screen (34) (weight: -11367165952.000)

Yes, the logic was fixed a little bit to use correct resolution and frame rate. Because in some cases there were wrong frame rate or resolution selected for 720p and non-standard cropped resolutions.
If it doesn’t find correct resolution then it uses closest with same or double refresh rate.
It shouldn’t be any visible quality difference in your case or you could try to use native resolution in whitelist to upscale it by TV.

1 Like

Won’t the double upscaling actually cause a visible difference? Unfortunately I think 720p@23.976/24 is not supported by my Sony XF9005 so I cannot whitelist those.

Funny that I’ve never had any issues with 720p sources with various aspect ratios (also widescreen or full screen), they’ve always been upscaled to 4K anyway.