Nightly builds

Still getting lock ups on channel changes and now am getting lock ups on reboots.

Shoog

What device?

Vim2 which is S912 with onboard dtv card for tvheadend.
Channel switching lock ups have been a long term issue for me. I believe its a problem with switching decoders on the fly with the system not releasing one to go to another. Its usually happens when switching from SD to HD or from a recording to live TV. Its recently started happening when switching from radio to TV. Only happens with hardware decoding.

What’s most frustrating is there is no consistency as to what will cause the lock ups.

[ 393.057613@5] vfm_map_store:rm default
[ 393.057626@5] vfm_map_remove_by_index: VFRAME_EVENT_RECEIVER_FORCE_UNREG decoder
[ 393.057632@5] vfm_map_remove_by_index: VFRAME_EVENT_RECEIVER_FORCE_UNREG ppmgr
[ 393.057639@5] di_event_cb: RECEIVER_FORCE_UNREG return
[ 393.057643@5] vfm_map_remove_by_index: VFRAME_EVENT_RECEIVER_FORCE_UNREG deinterlace
[ 393.057649@5] vfm_map_remove_by_index: VFRAME_EVENT_RECEIVER_FORCE_UNREG amlvideo
[ 393.057654@5] failed remove vfm map default with active provider decoder.
[ 393.057685@5] vfm_map_store:add default decoder ppmgr deinterlace amvideo
[ 393.061481@0] codec:VsyncDisableVideoLayer
[ 393.061496@0] codec:AFBC off now.> Blockquote

However I suspect from the dmesg output that its a problem with deinterlacing and so have disabled this in coreelec settings and will see if it helps.

Shoog

Here’s everything perfect with live tv. (as before)
Using the mecool avalink tuner 6862. (PERFECT)
Using the TBS5520SE (PERFECT)

Hi went from the N2 to a LePotato and now to the new N2 Coreelec package (tho using emmc). A new problem I’ve not had before: all 4k media plays in a small upper qtr of the screen. This is with the latest nightly and the stable 9.2. Fussed with it with no result. 4k from other sources plays fine. Looking for a solution. Thanks.

Thanks for quick response. Fussed with xml and got it working. Funny thing is I did a search in that topic and the answer didn’t come up. Oh, well. All good now. Thanks again!

My lock ups were not cured by disabling deinterlacing.

Going to have to roll back to stable.

Rolled back to 9.2 and still getting the same lockups.

Shoog

Has anybody had any issues with Bluetooth since the 20191124 nightly build, or any build before that since the 9.2.0 stable build?

Especially interested in users with either a CSR 8510 based USB bluetooth adapter, or a Vim3 using its built in bluetooth.

I just noticed when I watch something (Plex addon) 4K HDR file on the Odroid N2 and Ugoos AM6, when I pause and wait for about 10 sec and then press play again the video freezes but the sound continues and after some time the video continues again, latest nightly, N2 on Ethernet and AM6 on WiFi, used to be working good before, what can be wrong? thanks

After latest nightly update : problems with video. Picture is falling down, shuttering, auto zooming.

What is the Nightly version number?

@Pinzarufilip no help will be given for piracy related addons.

I use a CSR 4.0 bluetooth dongle on my A95X max do have an issue in that whilst watching, the bluetooth audio would drop out every few seconds and looking at the dongle, whereas the blue light would flash continuously when working, I noticed it go solid blue every time the audio drops.

It is very intermittent though and I find there are 2 possible solutions, one being a reboot and the second to disconnect and power off using the button on my headphones, then switch back on, where I tend to find no automatic connection, just a pairing message, where I have to manually reconnect.

I got to a point where I would note the times of the dropouts and check the logs but there was never anything there.

It typically happens 3 or 4 times a week, so a very minor inconvenience with a quick fix.

I also note that when switching the box on each day, sometimes I get automatic connection and sometimes have to connect manually.

Sorry for the post! I tried also from usb stick, youtube or netflix addon. Same issue.

I switched the kodi ui reaolution to 3840x2160p and the effect is the same

Gui 1080 ok, no zooming
Gui 4k nok, zooming

What skin is that?

Did you enable or disable the Don't scale GUI option in CoreELEC settings without rebooting? We recommend to have the option unchecked (that’s the default).
If you set up screen calibration before, you will have to reset it.
If none of the above helps, try to follow this post:

same problem here with latest nightly, the screen is zoomed in when watching 4K content, no settings changed from previous nightly, 1080p GUI and “don’t scale GUI” is disabled.

See post above

Post your debug logs