Nightly builds

@Portisch, @wizardknight

1. same problem with my 2nd box (EgoIggo S95X Pro, S905X)

2. problem is gone, if amcodec is disabled (Options/Settings/Player/Videos -> disable amcodec).
    That means, SW-decoding is ok. The sample plays also ok with VLC on Windows.

3. I re-encoded the video with Handbrake v1.2.2 (crf22 , encoder preset Fast):
    3.1. to h265: problem does not exist (also with amcodec enabled)
    3.2. to h264: problem does not exist (also with amcodec enabled)

4. Enabled HEVC seek workaround in Options/ Settings/System/CoreELEC does also solve the problem

So something is strange with the encoding of your original file.

I am not seeing the HEVC option you described.
I went system (Gear icon) -> Coreelec, and looked under all the menu options in that add on.
Could you provide more details please?
Thanks.

It’s in Settings -> System (enable expert mode) and the bottom most menu item.

I found it, and it did fix the issue.
Thanks.

sorry, my fault. the option is in Options/Settings/System/CoreELEC (I use Confluence-skin)

There seems to be an issue with screenshots on on nightly 20190404.

If I screenshot the GUI, I get a decent 100k file.

When any form of video is playing, whether from file, streaming or TV OTA, the screenshot file is blank and of only 11k in size.

I can’t say exactly when it was last working with a prior nightly build and it’s not an issue that I have encountered before using CE.

I’m running on an S912.

These are the captured files.

Copyright protection :wink:

@Compent please try it again with the version from 20190329. On 20190404 there was a change in the kodi amlogic screenshot. How you are doing this screenshot?

Woot!!!

For Odroid N2 only

1 Like

What about new kernel (4.9) for the “chinese trolls army” aka S905/912 boxes? Still WIP? :wink:

Current focus in Odroid N2 because it’s the favorite toy of Developers. Next step will be LePotato on 4.9 kernel. Then Odroid C2.
But we welcome any contribution.

3 Likes

Great, looking forward to the Le Potato update. It’s a great little board.

This will not be so fast. I tried it once and kernel segfaulted. But as I said we are all more interested in the N2 currently so there is not much motivation to work on something else.

1 Like

We will await patiently :slight_smile: Kudos to all for the great work!

And have fun with your shinny new toys :stuck_out_tongue:

Confused about latest nightly buld: “CoreELEC-Amlogic.arm-9.0-nightly_20190416.tar”

Is this version unified for all devices, or only for N2 since there is mentioned:
“u-boot-Odroid_N2: bump package to c016619” ?

It’s all in one branch yet still bot unified. Amlogic-ng is for new devices. Amlogic for the old bunch.

On the latest nightlies I am getting lockups if left unattended overnight - might be a problem with the screensaver.

Shoog

Could you provide some more details, please?

• Which device are you using?
  • Which screen saver?
  • debug log
  • dmesg

I am running a VIM2.
The screensaver is QLock.
I cant see how I will get the logs though as it is happening in the middle of the night and once crashed its inaccessible until after a reboot.

Its happened now on two consecutive nights. Will see what I can do next time it happens.

Shoog