Nightly builds

There will be a kodi.log.old in ~/.kodi/temp
after a reboot.

Just checked and the previous two nights crashlogs , when the events happened, are missing.
I will report back if it happens again tonight.

Shoog

@relkai:
releases.json contains nightly-version from 20190418.
Please fix, thanks.

Thanks for the heads up.
It’s fixed, now.

1 Like

Hello, I see only 2 builds now: CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.0-nightly_20190422-Odroid_N2.img.gz and CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.0-nightly_20190422.tar, and when I check for updates on my S905W box, it shows an empty list. Is this the end of CoreELEC support for these “old” boxes? Thanks for providing these nightly builds, cheers.

It may not be available yet!
If you come back the day before you will find what you are looking for!
Support will remain for a long time :joy:

1 Like

Amlogic-ng builds are for the Odroid N2.
CE is stable now, so there are far fewer nightly builds for it than for the N2, which sees active development.
But we’re not dropping support for older devices, not for a while.

4 Likes

My N2 updated today but i decided to try relkais nightlies. So here i am.
After the N2 nightlies the CoreELEC settings did not have the option to add custom channel. Just advising.
I updated with Relkai’s .tar. all good.

I then tried one of my addons that had no Audio . Kayo Sports.
I had the same issue as posted previously 6d

Using this current Relkai image I then went into the Settings / System Settings / Audio / Output Configuration / CHANGED it from default BEST MATCH to Fixed . Now i have Audio working on Kayo Sports . Only had the issue with Kayo when the default audio settings were on Best match.

there is kodi 18.2 released. Will this bring a 9.0.2 Build? https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/compare/18.1-Leia...18.2-Leia

yes, we are readying a new stable build

4 Likes

thanks.

I was updating an old LE 17.5 Kodi based for S905 build with CE, I am impressed. I thought I need a fresh install, but everything (LIVE TV only is important) works fine.

This is now 6 different devices running CE. This one above for my parents, 4 for mother in law and one for me.

I forgot to mention an issue i had today when i updated to Relkais nightly today.

When i updated via .tar i noticed Inputstream Adaptive updated to 2.3.17.1

I then tried opening 2 Addons that use it but no streams would open. ( no notification error)

I then tried 2,3.16.1 . Again nothing would open.

I tried 2.3.15.1 and the streams opened on both Addons.

Updated again to 2.3.17.1
Same no streams opening.

I enabled Debug Logging and rebooted .

Streams opened immediately . So maybe a reboot is needed .:wink:

Did not repeat my overnight lockup last night so will report back if it does.
However i had updated to the latest nighly before hand.

Shoog

The generic Amlogic build just failed last night.
Just take another look tomorrow.
We won’t drop support for these devices, of course.

1 Like

With the nightly images installed, you are also using more recent nightly addons, which could cause problems. But in your case I also think, it was the missing reboot.

Btw…you should be able to turn on automatic updates in the CoreELEC settings.
From now on, it will automatically update to the latest nightly image during a reboot (this was only possible with stable installations until today).

1 Like

I know this is a few months old, but I noticed also that option to set “adjust refresh rate” to “always” has disappeared. I can’t find any other posts relating to this? Is this an intentional change to remove this option? Using latest nightly 20190426.

TIA

It’s rare that I go into settings etc whilst watching a video, but the “always” setting ensured that the GUI stayed at 60hz, even though the video was playing at 24hz in the background etc. It just meant a much smoother gui - although I can understand if it was removed as most folks would probably stop the video before going into settings.

Isn’t it annoying because my TV takes a few seconds to change the refresh rate?

Just checked Kodi 18.2 changelog (https://www.technadu.com/kodi-18-2-rc/64862/) and they did introduce an extra option for “adjust refresh rate” - and that was “on start”, but it seems that “always” has just disappeared. Don’t know if kodi or CE has intentionally/accidentally replaced the “always” option.

My impression was that “on start” should be an extra option and not a replacement of “always”.

Update: Installed Kodi 18.2 on Windows and the “always” option is there, along with “off”, “on start/stop” and the new “on start”. It’s looking like a kodi change has caused this.

Always option causes a/v to go out of sync on Amlogic when you fast forward/rewind so that is why we removed the option.

You should set this to “On Start/Stop” as we recommend in our recommended settings thread.

Thanks for the explanation.