Nightly builds

I use a Odroid C2 TVH server separate from my 4GB N2. While I didn’t have boot problems after installing 0719, I had an issue with my TVH addon. Channels and groups weren’t showing up at all, and rebuilding the guide didn’t fix the issue. I attempted to reinstall 0715 (the last version I had saved) and got a magic error. But it rebooted back into 0719 and everything was back to normal PVR wise. It was all quite odd.

x96max 4/64 HDR10+ does not work

HDR10+ doesnt’t work at all.

I have a movie with HDR10 +. In a GT1 ultimate jump HDR but in the x96max only SDR. Why not downgrade in x96max to HDR at least. On android the x96max does downgrade to HDR

The 3.14 kernel doesn’t have any HDR10+ routine so it is switch to HDR10.
The 4.9 kernel has some HDR10+ routine but it is buggy.

The 4.9 kernel not change to HDR10 at least. It’s a roll to have to put android to see hdr in a movie that comes in HDR10 +

Spamming everywhere will not get you a different answer.
HDR10+ code in 4.9 kernel is problematic, and doesn’t work right now. So HDR10+ files are played back in SDR. We are working on a solution, but there is no ETA.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer. I hope this problem can be solved in the HDR10 +. Surely the team finds a solution. Sorry for the spam and thanks for your attention.

Just for my information, only -ng images work with Kernel 4.9? And others like KI Pro only with 3.14??

Yes. 3.14 for the older SoCs, and 4.9 for the new ones.

1 Like

not possible to recompile older ones to 4.9 cause of lacking gpu drivers ?

It’s possible. I had an S905x based device booting with the 4.9 kernel a few months ago. However there are some issues with the S905/S912 devices that need sorting out.

Pretty much the situation is small team, lots of new devices, 4.9 kernel development is happening rather rapidly and still plenty of stuff to deal with for the new devices, summer holidays, offline life, etc…

So supporting the S905/S912 devices with the 4.9 kernel has been put on the back burner for a bit until things calm down.

3 Likes

Makes sense, thank you

Hi, since last update (20/08, but it might have been there with 19/08 as well), Netflix add-on seems rather sluggish, with lots of missing frame rates happening periodically. It seems like another process would be using lots of resources while playing back. I haven’t been trying to check if that was the case, but I’m wondering if anyone would have observed such behavior and changes.

(using a GT King revA with matching DTB, the netflix add-on is on the same version since a while.)

Same here on odroid N2. Had to set to 720p so get smooth Netflix streaming

hi mates, my box doesn’t update on auto mode, I am still on august 21st nightly, tvbox magicsee N5 Max… my network connection is online…

Regards,
David

Are you on the latest nightly? I had a similar problem last night but just by restarting the video it went away.

I am on august 21st nightly, and the box dont update automatically to august 23rd nightly, It always did the update automatically, maybe this nightly have to be updated manually??? maybe…

Not yet, I need to reboot and check.
I had to lower the bandwidth for the stream selection parameters in InputAdaptative to get back a correct behavior. Rebooting the box or restarting the video (by resuming) would not solve this issue.

You can put the tar in the update folder and update yourself.

1 Like