No BT or Wifi for the x96Max+ in Emuelec 4.1

I’ve done some series of investigations trying to add the bluetooth and wifi functionality for the x96Max+ in Emuelec 4.1.
First, there is 4 diferent submodels of the x96Max+ 4g.

I have two versions, the X96 Max Plus 2 and the X96 Max Plus Q2. With the Max Plus 2 there is no problem, the problem starts with the Max Plus Q2. As other contributors of Coreelec says, it uses the Realtek RTL8188FTV wifi module and could work by adding its drivers to the OS.
I’ve tried to add the drivers to the EmuELEC master branch, build it and run, but there is no improvement :confused:
Does anybody can help to figure out what else I can do to add the drivers properly?
cheers.

1 Like

Maybe you are looking for a wrong driver. Cdtech 4761743 chip is a product using driver QCA6174. The driver is added to CoreELEC in rc2.

Super! many thanks, I’ve found the commit in rc3. i’ll add it to EmuELEC and try to pull request. My question now is, it’s both bt and wifi driver?

I think it’s YES.
There is more info if you search QCA6174.

I’ve been trying to build the EmuELEC system with QCA6174 drivers, but now I cannot do it, I don’t know why, because in the last time when I tried to install the wrong drivers all have been al right, but now I have this problem

It seems there is a problem installing this driver, the log is
stdout.save (11.0 KB)

compilation terminated.
make[2]: *** [scripts/Makefile.build:334: /home/kevinrivm/EmuELEC/build.EmuELEC-Amlogic-ng.aarch64-4.1/RTL8822BS-aml-d2a5452a08084b3838083ba1eda3d1aeab82ee7c/rtl8822BS/core/rtw_btcoex_wifionly.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs…
aarch64-libreelec-linux-gnueabi-gcc-8.3.0: fatal error: Killed signal terminated program cc1
compilation terminated.
make[2]: *** [scripts/Makefile.build:334: /home/kevinrivm/EmuELEC/build.EmuELEC-Amlogic-ng.aarch64-4.1/RTL8822BS-aml-d2a5452a08084b3838083ba1eda3d1aeab82ee7c/rtl8822BS/core/rtw_sreset.o] Error 1
aarch64-libreelec-linux-gnueabi-gcc-8.3.0: fatal error: Killed signal terminated program cc1

Do you have enough free space?
And how much memory did you assign to virtual machine? Try with more what you have now.

Thanks for your help. Actually I set 4gb ram and 120gb of HDD. I’ll try to adding more.

I’ve tried all and I have no luck :confused:
I tried with ArchLinux, Fedora, Debian.
i’ve tried to add more ram and HDD but still have issues installing one package.

Any other ideas?

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.