Odroid N2 and true 4K GUI

I have no problem, but I intentionally omitted your worst part to not sound offensive: “but maybe a nice person would not be bothered to share this”.
With this you declare all developers that are not interested in your needs not nice, which is to me very offensive.

1 Like

In my opinion, it would have cost you less time to render this service, rather than instrumentalize an awkward written expression to harm me. This is obviously not what I meant, and it goes without saying, especially if you read my previous messages.

“(I do not want to be insistent, just clarify my thoughts.)
The job of devs is already great. Thank you.”

Complaining is more or less describe your forum activity.
Yo ask something get your reply but you don’t accept it but you start over the same demand.

You’re a little provocative there, right ?

I’m not going in the middle of the argument but I noticed that you edit your posts and delete them and then you make a new post with almost exactly what you edited. Are you having issues with the forum software. Sorry for the offtopic.

Now to the point again. And I know you will not like this. We will not do some intermediate resolution. The reason is that it doesn’t solve the 4K pictures. In any case when we require scaling it will always be bad no matter if it’s scaled from 720p, 1080p or 2K. The fix gives us real 4K GUI. If you are concerned about FPS you use 1080p GUI as it is recommended anyway!
Now I have to repeat myself but I’ve spent half the day testing this. With this fix we get a real 4K GUI and I do not see differences in FPS performance if it’s 1080p or 4K.

So this is the end of it! There is no reason for any of you guys to argue anymore. It works the same. Problem solved and yes Bindou we don’t need any workarounds. You will get your N2 and you will love it. So be patient.

I understand correctly, if you read me again, you will find that I have never contested. There are comments that contradict your comments, but they are not mine … that’s why I proposed a test video framerate, to try to see more clearly. After which I am made bawl. If indeed there is no difference in framerate between these 2 resolutions, this is good news!

I never suggested you did. Just telling my opinion. I think even if you would see a dip in FPS (also the same @TheCoolest said) it will probably not be noticable.
It is definitely usable especially considering that you get a real 4K GUI. Just let me know what you think when the device arrives. Just remember that there is always a limitation to what we can do. We are not magicians but we try our best.

2 Likes

Thanks Ray. I will not fail to give you my opinion.

I’m counting on it. Btw. why do you want to run a 4K GUI? Iirc there are no kodi skins available that are true 4K. I understand if you want to look at 4K pictures.

Your right there aren’t any 4K skins at the moment, however if you check out the picture in the first post a skin doesn’t have to be 4K to get the benefits of crisper poster and fanart.

1 Like

I confirm. 75% of the Skin consists of covers / fanart.

The last update from today brings true 4K GUI and it looks so so good, thanks team…

1 Like

Yes I understand this reason that’s why we fixed it. But again if you really need this for pictures you will probably compromise if there is a FPS dip.