Odroid N2 CoreELEC 9.2.2 not working

Nothing happens with mine it just boots CE all the time,tried the switch in both positions but just always wants to boot ce

How do I use petitboot mate? Any links or info would be greatly appreciated

Maybe You need to update petitboot
see odroid-n2:os_images:petitboot [ODROID Wiki]

Thanks mate I’ll have a go

??? Are you sure of that ? Why should removing or changing eMMC void warranty, when this action cannot damage N2 ?
If you have CE version 9.2.1 on eMMC than you cannot boot or install version 9.2.2 on uSD card. In order to install 9.2.2 on uSD card, you have to detach eMMC with different CE version; no need to use SPI-Petitboot option.
When both versions of CE are on eMMC and on uSD card, N2 will boot to uSD card installation.

This came with the package,when I contacted I was advised that if I removed the card it would void any warranty and also if I was trying to dual boot it wasn’t possible and to return the item :man_shrugging:t2:

I just want to keep coreelec on the emmc and boot android from SD which I thought was possible,I know this probably isn’t the best place to look for support on this matter but the support from odroid UK is non existent! To be fair she did say the tech team had been furloughed and she had very limited knowledge

You cannot do that. If your emmc has CE then you can boot another CE but not android.
Put the android into your emmc and boot CE from sd/usb.
And loosing warranty because you remove a removable storage is ridiculous.

The accompanying note shows that warranty is lost even if one opens the box…

Ok I’ll give this a try,thanks for the reply.
I’m not sure it will void the warranty but she seemed to think so.
I’ll try this swapping them around,I’ll need to buy an emmc writing device first as I don’t have one.

Yes, this is possible, but only by using SPI-Petitboot. I use my N2 in that way, have CE on eMMC, and 2 Android versions (Android-9 64bit and AndroidTV on Linage OS 64bit) on my 2 different uSD cards.
To select which OS boots, I use Petitboot, so explore that option here.

Thanks mate,this looks like the info I stumbled across on here that I was looking for.
Thank you both for your help

But IIRC, I had to detach my eMMC with CE to install Android, don’t remember if installation to uSD can be done via Petitboot. Once Android is installed eMMC with CE can be attached, and SPI switch must be put to left position for Petitboot to boot N2 and select needed OS.

Will I need to update petitboot? When my n2 gets to that screen half the writing is missing from the screen :tired_face:

Which version is installed ?
I did an update, because my version of petitboot was from april 2019 → to old

I’m not sure,as you can see from the pic above the screen cuts half the text off for some reason,I’ve tried changing aspect ratio but it’s the same on all of them.

You have to configure Your TV to get full screen
BTW:
You can update petitboot anyway, just download new version and install

I’ve just took the emmc out and Android has booted,I’ll try updating petitboot while I’m on