ODROID-N2 CoreELEC Edition!

:smiley: Fair prices by Pollin:
2GB CE Bundle 79,95€ (incl. VAT) https://www.pollin.de/p/odroid-n2-coreelec-edition-2-gbyte-ram-811103
4GB CE Bundle 94,50€ (incl. VAT) https://www.pollin.de/p/odroid-n2-coreelec-edition-4-gbyte-ram-811104
They also deliver within Europe: https://www.pollin.de/versand-bezahlen#tabelle-versandkosten

Including the case and power supply, that is indeed a fair price!

Got hit with import charges from Ameridroid. €30 makes it a poor choice overall.

Shoog

~13 euros for delivering to Poland, so it’s ~105 euros for 4GB device…

odroidn2 coreelec edition ameridroid 4gb model 94 usd i ordered it today get better

Didn’t say they are the cheapest for EU or WW delivery, only that they deliver.
You also have to consider PTU & Exchange rate for PL.
On the other hand, they ensure 2-year-warranty, not the 4 weeks…

Hi, i recently purchased the OdroidN2 4gb CE edition from India.
The problem is i just can’t get it to play Hdr 10 bit files at all. All other 4k or 1080 files are playing good, except the 4k HDR 10 BIT files. This is frustrating. Right now i’m playing it on a 1080p full hd tv connected with pioneer vsx 329 avr (4k@60fps) supported. My point is, the odroid n2 should atleast play the 4k 10bit hdr files atleast? Thr 4k 10bit HDR files play for about 10 seconds then stutters and then the system hangs. When it is playing other non hdr 4k files well. The problem is with only 4k 10Bit HDR files. Please help as soon as possible. Sorry for being noob or stupid.

Do you by any chance tried to play an HDR10+ file?
My N2 also exhibit same behavior as yours when trying to play HDR10+ with CoreELEC 9.2.0

Try checking the file with MediaInfo and see if it’s HDR10 or HDR10+
If it’s indeed HDR10+, download the latest nightly and it should play fine with HDR10.

If it’s HDR10, there might be other problem. The devs will need to see your logs to check it.

Is there any place in Canada or the US that sells the CE edition of the 4GB box? On the Hard Kernel site they list 2 Canadian resellers, but neither of them sells the CE edition. I tried Ameridoid, but they only have the 2GB version for sale. When I try to go to the 4GB version page the site says the page doesn’t exist. Is Hard Kernel the only place to buy these?

What’s your intentions with the box? If it’s streaming only you’re good with 2gb :hugs:
I’ve the 4gb and my most heavy tasks bumps the memory to 30%.

The ameridroid page works fine for me. You select 4gb from the drop menu. It is out of stock though.

My 2 cents: Don’t be tempted to buy it without proper warranty. Check the SBC thread on the forum. Ameridroid offer one with a small addition to the price.

This is over on odroid n2 forum

There seems to be an increasing amount of reports of HDMI issues.

I think it’s time to show some transparency to your clients and own up to the problem.
This isn’t some $30+free shipping unbranded device on aliexpress you hookshot to the bin if it doesn’t work.

By now I would have liked to assume the issue is known and so is the root causes.
Choosing to dismiss it every time with “start an RMA process” and “Sorry for the inconvenience caused” will not endorse confidence in the brand.

happy new year.

Just wanted to tip my hat to you guys working on CoreElec for the oDroid N2. I just git mine and I must say it is AMAZING! I mean I have a HiMedia Q10 Pro that I will sell. CoreElec on the N2 is a breeze to use and configure if you had some interactions with Kodi before. I am aware of HDMI issues with N2, I just hope mine won’t have any, after all the troubles I went to get it.

Excellent work, guys. I truly mean it.

1 Like

Chances to problong the $75 promo? :slight_smile:

Coreelec edition is almost everywhere out-of-stock.
Any news about plans about it? Will HK prolong it?

Pollin.de is not sending to some EU countries, sadly.

At Pollin they’ve been showing the “Available in 2-3 weeks”-badge for 4 weeks now… I’d love to get my hands on the device but it seems that this is a case where waiting to buy later did not pay off.

1 Like

Do you still have the option to boot into Linux and use a web browser etc? Just ordered the 4GB CoreElec version with 16GB emmc and wondering if I should have went for the 2GB version!? Hey I can probably cancel and change my order but if I can use Linux 4GB would be worth having.

So is it Linux ready or only CE onboard?

The emmc is not preflashed with CE iirc. The CE edition includes a 8GB sd card. I don’t understand what you mean by using Linux. CoreELEC is linux and you can use the full 4GB in CoreELEC Linux.

No the version I’ve ordered has CoreElec on 16GB emmc (note the options):
https://www.odroid.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=246_239&product_id=1001

Ahh nice. It’s not sold here in Germany.