Odroid N2 test builds

I’m tried, but no improvements about chroma upsampling.

Just got a bit more to add on the H264 live Tv issue and nightlies updating. I’ve run on the latest nightly today with bypass_all and, in the lazy day I’m having, have watched two news programs and there’s not been a single freeeze/slowdown. I can also watch BBC streams on iplayer, unlike when I was running with bypass_post.

As to nightlies updating, they haven’t for me and I’ve been on nightlies for several days and there hasn’t been anything in .update when I’ve gone there to add the tar file manually. It would be great if it could be automatic but it’s not a must have for me.

Congrats on the brilliant job you’re doing by the way.

Let me ask around about nightly auto update.
bypass_post seems bot suitable. Bypassing deinterlace on interlaced content seems like a bad idea too but it’s good as a workaround probably.

Does not seem to update on my N2. Still on 9.0-nightly_20190429.

@Ray

So i SSHd into the device during playback of “Venom” at 4k.

All i see is “No Signal”

This only occurs with auto resolution switching on

Here is the info:

http://ix.io/1HKt

Thanks Ray! :slight_smile:

EDIT: ** tested : systemctl stop kodi / systemctl start kodi via SSH. Did nothing… I have to unplug the device to get back to kodi home page.

@gregeeh and @rosenrot I think there is a general problem with USB. As you two have the same issue.

@rosenrot you have that sundthek dvb-s2 stick right? I have it too. Is there a fast way for me to reproduce this?

@rosenrot @gregeeh can you try to use the micro usb port. There are adapters for microusb->usb This port is usb 2.0 and should be sufficient for the dvb stick. I know this is a workaround but it would help me figure out whats wrong.

Is that a Vizio TV?
What file were you trying to play? Which HDMI port is the N2 connected to?
The 2015 M series didn’t have HDMI 2.0, so it was limited to 4K@30P (8 bit) for all inputs, except HDMI 5 would allow you to get 4K@60P@420 chroma (8 bit).
Looks like CE is sending a 10-bit signal, so that will unlikely to work over a HDMI 1.4 port.
@cdu13a

I’m having the same issue as @PViriX

I do have the Vizio M series from 2015,
I have it connected to my HDMI 5 port which is supposed to be 4k@60p and am still getting the no signal issue. I am also noticing a stutter and sound issue on 1080p, is this due to the HDMI 1.4 as well?

Is there any other fix for this? LibreElec at the current Kodi version on my Odroid C2 works fine.

EDIT: TV model https://support.vizio.com/s/article/M55-C2-Model-Information?language=en_US

We are looking into it.

Im using the 2015 vizio, and hdmi port 5!

I also have a Vizio M series from 2015 hooked up to port 5. I had to whitelist 3840 @ 60hz, 59hz 1080 @ 60,59,24,23 and 720p @ 60hz. 480p does weird scaling where it only fills up a portion of the screen (also when you try to adjust it the TV won’t let you, and in kodi there seems to be a bug where the IR remote is really unresponsive during the adjust pixel corners/subtitle location/make box square in 480p only).

If you whitelist those resolutions the 4k stuff will go through.

I dont get the issue with the scaling. I will try whitelisting, however wont this essentially force 4k thru to 1080p (if this is my default resolution?).

@Ray Yes, Sundtek SkyTV Ultimate 8. It is connected via the USB2.0 prolongation cable. There are two issues. One is that it disconnects from USB giving me:

[33102.540949@1] usb 1-1.3: usbfs: USBDEVFS_CONTROL failed cmd mediasrv rqt 64 rq 187 len 1 ret -110

This is more likely to happen when the external power adapter is not plugged. I don’t know if there is a general problem or the usb dvb-s2 is drawing too much current. I have to check for the current once I will receive the USB3.0 prolongation cable since it should allow to draw more current.

The second issue I sent to @boot2k3 is the error of the mediasrv. This is hard to reproduce. I can tell you that it happens randomly but once every evening. I will let it run over night, I guess it will happen after sometime. I will let you know.

Concerning the Micro-USB, I will check if I have such an adapter at home. Otherwise I would have to order one.

Comes up as 4K 3840 for me.

I’ll post a test build a bit latter tonight(Just started compiling) to help sort out some of the hdmi problems some of you have been having. I’ll also include some IR remote improvements in the same build as well that should help anybody that’s feels like their IR remote is a little slow.

2 Likes

Thanks so much! Will this show up on the nightly builds? If so, I will update when available and report back.

debug log

dmesg

service log

Have not been able to fault it when using the micro usb port. Also seems a lot quicker to switch from the EPG once you select a channel.
Guess, your on the right track about the USB port.

Anything else I can do to help, please ask.

Greg

IR is fine here now until I watch or record DVB. Recording slows it down, watching live TV makes it almost completely unresponsive.

IR then stays slow until I reboot.

Definite improvement on previous builds though!!!

Official HK remote, PCTV Triplestick 292e and Crazycat.