Odroid N2 test builds

What? Still working here :confused:

It must be a bad nightly build. @relkai anything suspicious in logs?

Busybox cron is not the same as full cron

@Ray Not sure, as I said rolling back to 20190515 and then upgrading to 20190516 fixed the issue so I don’t think there’s anything wrong with the build, could of just been an install glitch.

First time odroid N2 AND coreelect user here. Got my N2 2 days ago. Expended a day reading this very informative thread. Installed last night and after a few pebcak glitches all is up and running on a 5yo Sony 1080p TV.

I have 2 questions, that if there are posts i would appreciate to be pointed at:

1. What is the update mechanism of this? How Kody gets updated to a new build? please don’t tell me i have to download and flash an image per release!

2. Package Manager: I found a thread to install opkg on another model. Does those instructions also apply to the N2? I’m very used to apt, and i feel this beast deserves to be used!

Thanks

Dan.-

1. Updates are automatic. Once an update is available, it will be downloaded in the background, and you will start seeing “Update available” popups in Kodi. Simply reboot to apply the update.
  2. Entware is available, see this post for instructions.

for the audio problem of the AAC format, it is necessary to change the audio parameters and to choose the engine which manages the output hdmi.

chapter skipping causing kodi to crash is still a problem, running nightly 16th May at this time.

I have captured kodi debug and crash logs, links to both below:-
kodi debug log:- http://ix.io/1Jp3
kodi crash log:- http://ix.io/1Jp5

for ref link below is to the original post in this thread regards the issue:-

edit - closest match to the issue above, interestingly the chapter seek crash is brought on by a 4k remux:-
https://github.com/CoreELEC/xbmc/commit/28600dcc0fbfe7561b2dccd4ff45c13ab47c4e44

1 Like

Is that explained in this post? my first test was with x265 AAC.
Video was awesome, but audio was kind of choppy

Interesting about the automatic updates. They download stable/unstable/nightly? Is there a way to choose? at this point i would d/l anything that is released, of course

It depends on which version you’re running. Stable will download stable, nightly will download nightly.

Are there any options for the blue heartbeat light? Or is it just enabled or disabled. On steady would be good.

Not through config.ini but you can set different modes in autostart.sh:

none kbd-scrolllock kbd-numlock kbd-capslock kbd-kanalock k
d-shiftlock kbd-altgrlock kbd-ctrllock kbd-altlock kbd-shif
llock kbd-shiftrlock kbd-ctrlllock kbd-ctrlrlock timer ones
ot [heartbeat] backlight gpio cpu0 cpu1 cpu2 cpu3 cpu4 cpu5
default-on transient panic emmc sd rc-feedback

“CHECKING SIZE FAILED”
The auto update refuses to apply to my eMMC (32GB). Only 511.7MB is reserved for the system. Is this normal?

Be more specific

You have some crap in /flash. Normally only ~165MB is used.

1 Like

Strange, I do not understand. Too bad, I redid a clean installation. And it’s good. Have a good day.

You seem to have saved something on /flash partition. Bindou my friend you need to learn how to ssh to your box. This will make debug/bugreports/fixes/workarounds easier you know. Please invest some time to learn it.

3 Likes

Thanks, though I don’t understand all that, would have to spend some time figuring it out. I’ll just leave the heartbeat light off for now. Maybe more options in config.ini someday?

I know I know, promised, during my next vacation.
Thanks !