Odroid N2 test builds

How is support for atmos / dts x ? I dont have an audio system yet, am wondering.

Thanks

All good for me.

Has something changed with python in recent test builds?

I have an addon that uses the PIL image library that worked fine in previous version but now fails during import.

from PIL import Image

Now errors with

ImportError: Bad magic number in /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PIL/Image.pyo

Worked here for me. I did build myself this morning.

Strange, not working for me on nightly_20190516

Capture

So I rolled back to nightly_20190515 and the import works fine.

I then re-updated to nightly_20190516 and wouldnā€™t you know it problem solvedā€¦ must of just been a glitch :smiley:

German

gibt es seit neustem Probleme mit dem docker system? benutze Docker aus dem linuxserver.io repo und habe bemerkt das es seit dem 15.05.19 nicht mehr updatet, wollte es heute neu installieren und es werden seit dem keine volumes mehr vom docker zu coreelec verbunden.
crontab hat diese Fehlermeldung ausgegeben /bin/sh: docker: not found und das ist unter crontab eigetragen docker exec docker.linuxserver.webgrabplus /bin/bash /defaults/update.sh

are there any problems with the docker system? use Docker from the linuxserver.io repo and noticed that it has not been updating since 15/05/19, it wanted to reinstall it today and since then no volumes are mounted from the docker to coreelec.
crontab has issued this error message /bin/sh: docker: not found Cron line is docker exec docker.linuxserver.webgrabplus /bin/bash /defaults/update.sh

Try adding full path for the docker executable instead of just docker, to see if it helps.

1 Like

Please do not clog this thread up with your docker issues they are not related to the N2 or the different nightly versions.

Crontab was removed in favour of systemd services, you have lrusak at LE to thank for that.

Which reminds me Iā€™m +1 for adding it back.

1 Like

What? Still working here :confused:

It must be a bad nightly build. @relkai anything suspicious in logs?

Busybox cron is not the same as full cron

@Ray Not sure, as I said rolling back to 20190515 and then upgrading to 20190516 fixed the issue so I donā€™t think thereā€™s anything wrong with the build, could of just been an install glitch.

First time odroid N2 AND coreelect user here. Got my N2 2 days ago. Expended a day reading this very informative thread. Installed last night and after a few pebcak glitches all is up and running on a 5yo Sony 1080p TV.

I have 2 questions, that if there are posts i would appreciate to be pointed at:

1. What is the update mechanism of this? How Kody gets updated to a new build? please donā€™t tell me i have to download and flash an image per release!

2. Package Manager: I found a thread to install opkg on another model. Does those instructions also apply to the N2? Iā€™m very used to apt, and i feel this beast deserves to be used!

Thanks

Dan.-

1. Updates are automatic. Once an update is available, it will be downloaded in the background, and you will start seeing ā€œUpdate availableā€ popups in Kodi. Simply reboot to apply the update.
  2. Entware is available, see this post for instructions.

for the audio problem of the AAC format, it is necessary to change the audio parameters and to choose the engine which manages the output hdmi.

chapter skipping causing kodi to crash is still a problem, running nightly 16th May at this time.

I have captured kodi debug and crash logs, links to both below:-
kodi debug log:- http://ix.io/1Jp3
kodi crash log:- http://ix.io/1Jp5

for ref link below is to the original post in this thread regards the issue:-

edit - closest match to the issue above, interestingly the chapter seek crash is brought on by a 4k remux:-
https://github.com/CoreELEC/xbmc/commit/28600dcc0fbfe7561b2dccd4ff45c13ab47c4e44

1 Like

Is that explained in this post? my first test was with x265 AAC.
Video was awesome, but audio was kind of choppy

Interesting about the automatic updates. They download stable/unstable/nightly? Is there a way to choose? at this point i would d/l anything that is released, of course

It depends on which version youā€™re running. Stable will download stable, nightly will download nightly.