Odroid N2 test builds

fixed issue with my Harmony Elite as well

Installed optware, asked me to reboot, and all is working again… something is weird here…

@eraser1320 so it looks like you may have a different problem then everybody else.

Your PS4 controller, is it an actual sony PS4 controller or a clone?

If it’s an actual sony one is it gen 1 (CUH-ZCT1) or gen 2 (CUH-ZCT2) version of the controller?

Looks like the bluetooth issue was introduced upstream and not via us :sweat_smile:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux.git/commit/?h=linux-4.9.y&id=5e0c41ca896aa2487112742a76142ab84e85dc9d

1 Like

It’s real, gen 2 CUH-ZCT2.

Hi again,
I would like to bring CEC problem to your attention again.
Short summary:
My configuration: N2 → Denon AVR → Panasonic OLED TV (connected to HDMI 2 port)
CEC settings:
Switch source to this device on startup - on
Devices to power on during startup - None
Devices to power off during startup - None
Send “Inactive source” command on shutdown - on
Put devices in standby mode when activating the screensaver - off
Wake devices deactivating the screensaver - on
When the TV is switched off - Ignore
Devices to also put in standby mode - on
Use the TV’s language setting - off
Action when switching to another source - None
Physical address (overrules HDMI port) - 0
Force AVR to wake up when Kodi is activated - off
Remote button press delay before repeating (ms) - 300
Remote button press repeat rate (ms) - 20
Remote button press release time (ms) - 150

Issue description:
TV is off (standby)
When I switch it on and select HDMI 2 as the source I can see Kodi but TV’s remote doesn’t work.
Then I have to use Android’s Kore application and move cursor around Kodi’s menu and TV’s remote start working.
It works until I switch from HDMI 2 to another source and then back to HDMI 2.
Again TV remote’s buttons doesn’t react and I need to use Kore in order to get back CEC alive.
I’m not native English and I hope my description is clear.
Is there anything that I can provide in order to get this issue resolved?
echo 1 > /sys/class/aocec/dbg_en is needed?

[EDIT] TV’s remote doesn’t work when I switch to HDMI 2 source BUT… only navigation buttons: left, right, up, down. “Play” button works so now I don’t need to use Kore to “awake” CEC… I need to “awake” CEC pressing “Play” button. Once it is pressed those navigation buttons are getting activated. I don’t know why it is happening as navigation buttons are being active on Odroid-C2 once HDMI 2 source is selected. Apparently it behave differently on Odroid-N2.

@eraser1320 ok, that maybe the reason we get different results. I only have a first gen ps4 controller.

I was going to wait till after the work on the kernel settled down a bit more to improve the game controller drivers, but I can make a test build with improved version of the sony driver that may solve your problem.

The driver for 4.9 assumes all ps4 drivers are gen1, and there are minor differences between revisions of the controller, that may result in the behaviour you are seeing.

That makes sense. I appreciate you working on it. In terms of everything else, what a huge step up from my 8 year old ZBOX :smile:.

With this build I noticed when I put it in suspend/sleep it goes to a state where I can’t wake it again from either IR command, wake on lan or ssh, the red LED also lights solid were normally no LED is on when at sleep, only thing to do is pull the power cable.

1 Like

I should note that while it does fix my BT issue, there are some weird decoding errors/neon red/blue banding with some h264 content. No such issues with the 6/20 nightly build.

@Comma @MrChromebox

My test build was only meant as a quick test of the BT fix. It was based on a very WIP version of CoreELEC so it may have issues that won’t ever end up in the regular public builds.

I wouldn’t worry about any other issues with this build unless the same issues appear in the nightly builds.
Speaking of the nightly builds the next one should have the BT fix included in it.

1 Like

I figured, but just wanted to note it just in case :slight_smile: Thanks for the BT fix

I’m noticing that WOL is not working any more, and I don’t know when it stopped as I don’t use WOL on a daily basis.

Is this issue tied with the problem that reboots are not always working?

TIA

Greg

@cdu13a Thanks again for the fix. Which nightly will include this fix? Is it already in 6/23?

Sadly the issue I talked about yesterday I still have with 6/23 nighly, I haven’t been able turn on the device after suspend 5 times in a row I tried it goes to a freezing state the red LED lights solid which is not normal.

The Red LED is always ON solid. Do you mean Blue LED?

No I do mean the red, when you put your device to sleep there is no LED lighting at all right, when I do it the red stays ON and the blue OFF and the box is completely frozen for any command IR, WOL or SSH.

I’m having problem with Audio output device, I had to select manually “Alsa: AML-AUGESOUND, HDMI” in order to sound work but everytime system restart comeback to “Default, PCM”.

Is there a way to set “Alsa: AML-AUGESOUND, HDMI” to be Default instead of PCM?
I’m using a HT and number of channels “5.1”

When I put my N2 into Suspend all the lights go out but I cannot wake it up via IR, WOL or SSH. Only a power recycle works.

Used to be OK thou.

Maybe the red LED turns ON after X mins I’m not 100% sure, but the issue you now also have is the same as mine, if you need a working bluetooth and turn ON 5/30 still working great until this is fixed.