Odroid N2 test builds

Does anyone know if the Odroid N2 (amlogic s922x) uses double buffering or triple buffering? Not sure if changing from the default setting of 2 to 3 in the kodi setting for “buffers used by graphics driver” has any purpose or effect?

Thanks!

Can it be that an dvb-T signal amplifier gets recognized as an usb stick an now my odroid n2 / coreelec killed itselfe? It doesnt boot anymore, it has the error message:
" Error in mount_flash: Could not mount UUID=2504-5402***Starting debugging shell for boot step: mount flash…"

This option in kodi is unused for Amlogic devices. :wink:

No, the SD Cards just is dead, even any tools I have for me PC doesnt bring it back to live.

Question. Do you think, a nearby shortcut with some small sparks can grill the (electrical not connected) SD Card?

Hello,

after updating to the latest nightly (22th of July), there is a countdown of 60 seconds on the boot-screen before the normal startup.

Can someone tell me the reason for new behavior and how to remove this countdown again?

Cheers
Mark

You can either mount your SD or EMMC on a computer and replace dtb.img with the correct file from the device_trees folder or use the commands below via SSH.

mount -o rw,remount /flash
cp /usr/share/bootloader/device_trees/g12b_s922x_odroid_n2.dtb /flash/dtb.img
reboot

The countdown is there to make users aware that they need to update the device tree because there is an update for it.

4 Likes

is there a reason the device-tree got updated?, is this perhaps to do with the ongoing rear usb port issue?, im just curious.

No, it’s unrelated. We’ve refactored all of the 4.9 DTBs, part of the refactor was updated names for DTBs. Because of the rename, the DTBs are not updated automatically, and need to be changed manually.

2 Likes

I have been getting this error popup everytime I boot my device. What can I do to make it cease? I have tried updating to the latest nightly to no avail. This has only been occuring since yesterday.

How exactly can I “update the device tree” ? What exactly does this even mean?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Answer was 4 messages above

1 Like

Sorry, is there a reason the dtb’s are not automatically being replaced for us?

Thanks guys! :slight_smile:

There was name change so it cannot update automatically.

My new N2 is on its way from Hardkernel and planning to install CoreElec 9.0.3.

Is there any major fixes in CE for the N2 in these test builds or should I wait for the next official CE release with Kodi 18?

It’s always best to try the stable release first, before trying the nightly or other test builds. Since while the nightly and test builds may contain fixes for an issue that might be in a stable release, there is a bigger chance that there are bugs in the nightly and test builds that are not in the stable build.

Thanks cdu13a. Will do.

Hi,

HDMI CEC has stopped working for me in the latest builds. Is it only me or someone else is having this problem? I’d rather not do a fresh install…

/Xtract

Disable and enable CEC in System -> Input: Peripherals -> CEC to see if that fixes the issue. If not, try to change some of the settings. Are someone else having the same issue?

Yes, had already done that, sorry.

I have an LG C8 oled, I guess someone else has it too. It does not seem to be the TV’s fault as CEC still works with the AVR