Odroid N2 test builds

I never tried exfat…

Hi just recently upgraded to a n2 from a h96 pro s912, installed ce onto the emmc flawlessly. So far everything has been smooth until I tried to play a 4K stream, hdr active pops up then a blank screen with no signal sound is playing but nothing else. Tv, receiver and cables are all perfect for 4K as it all worked with the h96.any ideas what could the issue be or things I could try.

What TV? What AVR?

I still have my H96 Pro and it is connected to my AVR side-by-side with an N2 and a VIM3.
All works without black screen stuff you experience.
Could you check the video signal details on your AVR (with the S912 and with the N2)?

Avr is Yamaha rx-v481
Tv is Phillips 50pus6753/12
What do you mean check the video signals on the avr
The h96 is running libreelec not sure if that would make a difference with anything

Newer AVRs can show the video signal details, like 2160p, 4:4:4, 10 bit.
Yes it makes difference, because LE and CE use different default settings.
I bet if you connect your N2 directly to the tv it will work.
You can try to limit the colour depth to 8 bit and/or subsampling to 4:2:2 in Settings/System/CoreELEC

Some AVRs don’t play well with 4:4:4 chroma signal. Start by turning on the force 4:2:2 mode. Forcing 8-bits shouldn’t be needed, and it can introduce color banding in 10-bit/HDR content.

Hi Everyone, new here, but certainly not new to CE and Kodi. A question about ATMOS passthrough on N2. Bought mine and installed latest nightly… everything works great, except that ATMOS is always seen as TrueHD by my Yamaha 3050 AVR. DTS:X passes fine. Any ideas? Thanks.

It worked when hooked up straight to the tv but was very jerky playback
In the coreelec system setting the only options I have are tone map hdr/sdr nothing about forcing 4.2.2 or have I got the wrong end of the stick

Are you running 9.0.3 or nightly? The options are only available in the nightly release as they was recently added.

No I’m not but I will be in the morning

Works perfectly on my Denon AVRX7200WA with N2 nightly.

It initially happened to me too whenever I tried to play 4K movies which the N2 had to downscale due to the fact that my TV is FullHD, and hardware acceleration was disabled because I was trying stuff around.

With 1080p files however it always correctly passed Atmos signal, both with hardware acceleration on and off.
For this reason I’d suggest you try with a 1080p file and see what happens.

I don’t know why, however now my N2 passes the Atmos track also from 4K files (still being downscaled).
I’m keeping hardware acceleration enabled, but iirc it did work properly even with it turned off so you really only have to try and wait for someone who can have a more technical explanation other than my empirical experience…

Just checked my receiver is compatible with 4k60p 4:4:4 so don’t get what the problem could be

Install the nightly and follow instructions given to you previously by @Pelican.

I’m going to just stuck at work chewing it over nearly didn’t sleep as wanted to figure out the problem haha

Today I updated to the latest nightly and something is wrong with my ir device I guess. The remote wasn’t working anymore and I did a quick check what was going on:

$ systemctl stop kodi
$ systemctl stop eventlircd
$ ir-keytable -u
No devices found

I did update to the stable branch with the same outcome. Any hints what might have happened?

remove ‘remote.disable’ in ‘/storage/.config’ or if not found, place a “dummy” remote.conf by the command ‘touch’ in this folder and reboot to enable the IR receiver.

I don’t have the remote.disable file and created a dummy remote.conf:

$ ls .config/rem*
.config/remote.conf

After rebooting I still get the same behaviour. Did something change regarding the remote on the latest nightly?

You created this issue yourself by creating the dummy file, if any remote.conf exists then meson-ir is disabled.