Odroid N2 test builds

The device freezes when using MQ8 or Aeon Nox silver. This happens while brwosing and loading covers.

Hello, I am running the 20190824 nightly on my ODROID N2 and have a mkv file (let’s call it dinosaur.mkv) with 4K HDR, which is only played in SDR.
My Denon AVR displays BT.2020 and 10 bit, but my LG OLED TV does not switch to the HDR picture mode.
I have checked the file with mediainfo, and for the Video track, it shows the same values as another file I have (so MaxFALL and MaxCLL at similar levels). That other file plays fine and the LG enabled the HDR picture mode.
When I play the dinosaur.mkv via the X-Play app directly on my LG TV, it plays in HDR.
Same on my iPhone XS (via the Plex app and setting quality to “Original”).

CoreELEC 9.0.3 shows the same behaviour.

Does anyone have an idea what could be different in dinosaur.mkv that it does not play in HDR?

It could be HDR10+ format which you cannot play right now in HDR.
Newest mediainfo can show HDR10+ format.
Connect your N2 directly to your tv to check if not your AVR do something wrong.

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar :slight_smile:
I was using mediainfo 18.12 from the debian repo and just upgraded to 19.07 manually,
and tada:
HDR format : SMPTE ST 2094 App 4, Version 1, HDR10+ Profile B compatible
Is there anything on the horizon that can strip HDR10+ down to basic HDR10?

4.9 kernel has incomplete and buggy HDR10+ handling.
I cannot tell when it will be fixed.

I just read up on the problem @ CoreElec and HDR10+ / HDR10 Plus
I can wait, just good to have my sanity back :slight_smile:

Up and running on my new N2, thanks for the all the effort here! One quick question:

For all the media I play, the “pixel format” line in the media info overlay always says “unknown”. Is this a known limitation?

Also, is there anyway to determine the A/V sync during playback? I noticed this was part of the CoreElec overlay display for amlogic s912 devices. If possible, it would be nice to add that here as well.

These are minor nits to an otherwise excellent experience, thank you!

How is this limit you in anything?

“Limitation” is maybe too strong a word. :slight_smile: I’m a curious type and am always trying to tune and understand my setup based on what is playing. In a perfect world, I’d love to know the color space (ie bt2020/hdr10), pixel format (4:2:2), and MaxCLL and MaxFALL when available, as it provides additional insight when debugging why something doesn’t look “quite right”. I know there are other ways to get this info, but the overlay is super convenient.

Note, I did not mean to knock the current implementation at all, sorry if I offended.

Any thoughts why coreelec freezes when browsing in Aeon MQ8 and Nox?

I’m running Aeon Nox SILVO flawless on my N2

Hi,
Maybe you can help me pinpoint a persistent weird error I’m having.
After the crash of 0819 (i think that was the date), i reinstalled normally. Also just updated, but i’m noticing i can’t install addons. I debugged a bit and i’m puzzled. On the log, i see stuff like this:

2019-08-31 22:25:16.468 T:4060090384 DEBUG: CAddonInstaller: installing ‘script.module.kodi65’ version ‘1.2.1’ from repository ‘repository.xbmc.org’
2019-08-31 22:25:16.483 T:3906429824 ERROR: Requested path https://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/leia/script.module.kodi65/script.module.kodi65-1.2.1.zip not found in known repository directories
2019-08-31 22:25:16.483 T:3906429824 ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[script.module.kodi65]: failed to resolve addon install source path

When you see this, is not hard to deduct some path or resolving issue. The thing is, that the same link i d/l via wget, and it gets downloaded

CoreELEC:~/.kodi/temp # wget https://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/leia/script.module.kodi65/script.module.kodi65-1.2.1.zip
Connecting to mirrors.kodi.tv (192.3.201.14:443)
Connecting to mirrors.up.pt (193.137.29.15:443)
saving to ‘script.module.kodi65-1.2.1.zip’
script.module.kodi65 100% |*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************| 74602 0:00:00 ETA
‘script.module.kodi65-1.2.1.zip’ saved

So, i don’t know why kodi itself would have been trouble resolving some path that does exists.
Have me quite puzzled, to be honest. Any ideas?

Please try in Aeon Nox Silver “Shift” to browse the movies. Ist it still stable? It works only if I turn off the live images.

Hello, I still have display bugs, a kind of screen that breaks when the OSD appears sometimes. (Khadas V3 Display @4K)

Yes it works as it should be

There’s already a thread about this VIM3 2160p GUI issue + this is the Odroid N2 thread :frowning:

Oh yes, sorry! It’s a habit to have been on N2 … thank you

Perhaps I have to reinstall everything.

I have reinstalled coreelec and Aeon Silver Nox. Everything works fine except animated backgrounds. If you turn this on browsing in the movie section is freezing.

It could be that the mirror you was using did not have the file available.

mirrors.kodi.tv uses many different mirrors, you can download the file and install it manually I guess.