Odroid N2 test builds

Please upload a sample…
This channels possible switch from interlace to progressive and back to often on some commercial breaks.

Thanks guys for your replies. I am going to upload a sample and a log after the upcoming weekend (being just on holiday for some days).
Just wanted to know before if someone else is experiencing the same issue.

Going to post the full mediainfo after the upcoming weekend. Framerate is for both (file and playback) 50Hz.

Z9S vs. N2 are apples vs. oranges. Former is best suited for 3D MVC and 4K HDR playback, both non-Kodi native.

Hi,
My N2 is not reporting an update this morning. At night version 08/23 appeared, but my N2 does not see this update automatically. In recent days he has always reported a nightly build and could be installed.

I just had the same thing with the same nightly release
I dont see a response, so I guess I’ll just reflash the latest nightly

0819 had a problem, you’ll have to update to a newer build manually.

Yes, that did the trick.

Is there a reason of not showing N2 (Armlogic-ng) updates on the relkai root dir?
I had to pull 0824 from the archive directory. 0825 is not there for N2, but is for the rest of the devices. Is this to prevent auto update?

No, it just was not compiled last night automatically… Next one will be 0826 for -ng

Working great for my HDD Drive, going to suspend as i should be.
Very nice, thank you very much Portisch.
(If somone is wondering: Weather App error after start,
Wifi USB Stick is also powerd down, needs some seconds to start.)

What is the right image (name/version) to download for the N2?

You have stable or nightly. You find them in CoreELEC.org. If you want nightly, the last two days it failed to build so you can go to http://coreelec.pokey.de/ and find the correct image
from the 24/08, last one that was built.

Thanks!I have found it.

The device freezes when using MQ8 or Aeon Nox silver. This happens while brwosing and loading covers.

Hello, I am running the 20190824 nightly on my ODROID N2 and have a mkv file (let’s call it dinosaur.mkv) with 4K HDR, which is only played in SDR.
My Denon AVR displays BT.2020 and 10 bit, but my LG OLED TV does not switch to the HDR picture mode.
I have checked the file with mediainfo, and for the Video track, it shows the same values as another file I have (so MaxFALL and MaxCLL at similar levels). That other file plays fine and the LG enabled the HDR picture mode.
When I play the dinosaur.mkv via the X-Play app directly on my LG TV, it plays in HDR.
Same on my iPhone XS (via the Plex app and setting quality to “Original”).

CoreELEC 9.0.3 shows the same behaviour.

Does anyone have an idea what could be different in dinosaur.mkv that it does not play in HDR?

It could be HDR10+ format which you cannot play right now in HDR.
Newest mediainfo can show HDR10+ format.
Connect your N2 directly to your tv to check if not your AVR do something wrong.

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar :slight_smile:
I was using mediainfo 18.12 from the debian repo and just upgraded to 19.07 manually,
and tada:
HDR format : SMPTE ST 2094 App 4, Version 1, HDR10+ Profile B compatible
Is there anything on the horizon that can strip HDR10+ down to basic HDR10?

4.9 kernel has incomplete and buggy HDR10+ handling.
I cannot tell when it will be fixed.

I just read up on the problem @ CoreElec and HDR10+ / HDR10 Plus
I can wait, just good to have my sanity back :slight_smile: