Odroid N2 test builds

@farhanito
What is the resolution you are running 4k or 1080p?

@anon99744683 1080p only

This morning I have the CEC issue again.
This time I have been able to enable logging & CEC logging.
So after booting CEC does not work.
Changing inputs back and forth does not work. (This very rarely happened on the c2 and usually switching to another HDMI and back solved it)
At 9:12:41 I decided to switch my TV off and on again.
It magically started working.

Sorry to upload log in txt but it’s too large for pastebin due to CEC logging.
CEC.txt (551.6 KB)

@Ray
I’m a bit confused with new test builds placement. On https://test.coreelec.org/ there are several folders: /Odroid_N2, /adam, /arthur and /ray.
Now I see “CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.0-devel-1555152408-Odroid_N2.img.gz” 13th April version in your folder and not in /Odroid_N2 folder.
Is this a mistake, or are these ng versions special for someone to test?

These are Team internal test files. The version you mentioned has some cs cd autoswitch code we need to test more.

1 Like

Somebody might find this useful:- Amlogic Color Space / Depth information addon

2 Likes

This is awesome

(HE-)AAC not working on my Yamaha RX-A3030 avr (hdmi).

Logfiles : https://mega.nz/#!6l1whAIZ!evN1J919p_V_bsBzpT7sDjhB4rHnZU-by6OSEB6vc4I
Sample video : https://mega.nz/#!7l9Q2YjS!6XyctL39dY71zhOvXXHlG4Istzb_zR4c3n6SiFAr5u0

First test 5.1 : Stuttering and really slow (pitched down) sound.
Second test 2.0 : Normal stereo sound.

On the Odroid C2 the 5.1 test passed ok.
C2 logfiles : https://mega.nz/#!Xpk0VATR!SFA1Mn1RaPQ2ujaQ7VAavAI8Zu_m5GOt95MelcYuwd4

The Odroid Wiki at odroid-n2:software:boot_sequence [ODROID Wiki] says "Since the eMMC has a high priority, CPU will fetch from Micro SD if eMMC does not have the bootloader. " (I knew I’d seen it somewhere).

Pic from above link -

Interestingly if I have eMMC (CoreELEC) and micro-SD (Ubuntu) both installed it just hangs at the CoreELEC logo. Both work fine without the other being present.

In CE we have made it so SD takes priority, in HK’s Ubuntu, eMMC takes priority.

@TheCoolest
I looked into it more and you are right about the Z906 and DD+. However, downmixing seems to not work. All sound is distorted. The only thing that works is stereo (aac 2.0, dts 2.0, etc)

I’ve tested this with sound through the tv only. I have no problems playing the same files with working sound with my S812 LE box.

EDIT: I am not sure what it was. I restarted the N2 a few times and sound is working properly now.

So with both installed as I described neither wants to boot first? As I say it hangs straight away at the CoreELEC logo, steady blue light (no heartbeat)

Well we only tested with CE on both SD and emmc.

I’m not complaining at all, I can easily just remove the eMMC if I want to try Ubuntu. I just thought it’s something that a few people will run into and that you should know about.

I didn’t take it as a complain and it is a problem.

Status update

My setup : 4GB N2 eMMC, Panasonic TX-50DX700B and Yamaha RXV383 Receiver.

I was unable to get my laptop to reconise my sdcard-Emmc adapter so burned image to sd card and then ran the install to eMMC script. Worked perfect.

When pass though enabled all formats that my receiver supports work good, DD, DTS, DTS-HD and TrueHD. However no audio when playing DD+ sample.
4k Picture looks great, really sharp. The box is noticeably quicker than my s912 box and handles the Estuary MOD V2 skin with ease, scrolling through lists of movies are as quick as my macbook.

Live TV via a HDhomerun is smooth, channels change quick.

With the GUI set to 1920x1080p all good, auto sitching to 4K HDR works as it should, as does setting the GUI to 4096x2160p ( although massive overscan in this mode ) however when setting the GUI to 3840x2160 the TV losses signal every couple of seconds.

Ive also disabled SDR2HDR as it made the GUI to bright, forcing the TV into HDR mode when it not HDR content?

Over all impressed by this little box and the work already done by the team.

Thanks

Matt

SDR2HDR is disabled by default. I had a few time the same HDMI issue and I think it was the cable.

I had this problem too. Putting the EMMC-to-MicroSD adaptor into a MicroSD-to-SD adaptor fixed it for me, my PC was then able to see it.

• DD+ not working at 4K resolution is a known issue. You can confirm this with a 1080P sample.
  • 4096x2160 should not be used with UHD TVs, the native resolution of all consumer TVs is 3840x2160.
  • Signal drops can often happen due to bad HDMI cables, that are not capable of handling the massive bandwidth requirements of a 4K@60Hz 10-bit signal.

Hi All, Been using these test builds with much excitement, thanks!

Not sure if this is test build related or not, however was flawless on previous Coreelec, everytime I go to update my library it starts the spinning notification top right then stops, screen gives sort of a “bright” UI quick flash and new content is not updated. I did copy sources.xml, maybe something isn’t setup right, however the library seems working apart from updates.

Something I’ve noticed on the test builds also is much more smoothing, not sure how to describe it… lack of colour “shade” on faces etc, very flat coloured and cartoon like, maybe this is due to cs/cd work that is still to come?

Thanks all!