Odroid N2 test builds

1. Is it me, or the previous version, in HDR, the subtitles and the menu me were less bright ? (Now, it peeps the eyes I find.)

This is very expensive. Get one from HK. Pollin in Germany sells them too.

1 Like

Also confirm same issue.
Video slows down out since with audio. After a minute or two, the video will seek back into sync for a while.
Not present in devel-1555226781 from 14th April.
I think this was present in @Ray build on 16th I’ll just switch back and confirm.
16th is good.
18th is good.
Great I can’t reproduce on 16/18 or 19 builds.
I’ve definitely seen it on one of them but can’t remember which one I was running at the time.

http://irdb.tk/codes/ - it looks like Samsung is using NECx2 while Yamaha is using NEC protocol…

@Comma With luck I will receive my N2 this week. If so, I will try to reproduce the BT keyboard (Harmony Hub) issue independently.

1 Like

It’s the same for me on all h264 720p movies/series. If I don’ do anything it catches audio sync in several second at which moment the time-line briefly appears. It happens only with hw decoding enabled.
IIRC the version “1555398703_catoon_fix” worked OK, will check later…

Yes, 1555398703 (catoo_fix :slight_smile: version has no problem with hw decoding h264 720p files.
BUT, how can I stop it from updating? It keeps downloading new version that does not work OK for me, and have to delete the update file before I turn off or reboot the box for some reason…

Hi all,

Just received my N2 and cannot wait to get stuck into it. Can someone confirm I can backup my TX92 (S912) running CE 9.0.1, using the built in backup feature, and restore it to my N2?

TIA

Greg

As @anon88919003 said above

Better to do a clean install bud.

Matt

Thought you might say that…

Was hoping to take the easy option.

Yes you can

Hmmmmmm. I have a Yes and better do a clean install. Now I don’t know what to do!
@Ray - Have you actually done this?

It should only backup your settings so I don’t know this should not work. I’ve rsynced my data. My only issue was the overscan settings in guisettings.xml.
Also there’s no reason to try this. You will clean flash the image then restore your settings. If it doesn’t work for whatever reason just flash fresh again.

I did this from my Tronsmart s905 box. Worked perfectly.

Does it not also backup any add-ons you have installed along with their settings.

Good point!

This makes me feel a lot better. Thanks.

Settings Fixed Audio

evtest removed from N2 builds?

It was never part of it to begin with, you need to download system-tools addon from CE repo.

Oops, my bad.
Forgot how I got it on s912. Lol.
Thanks