Odroid N2 test builds

SD or emmc?

eMMC from odroid (orange i think it was), little bit more detail, the box was not n suspend mode (currently all power saving disabled), and im using USB DVB-T tuners (2 x dual tuner).

Suspend with SD cards is currently unreliable.

MicroSD card
ok, iā€™m not an isolated case? The problem is known?

also found when using devel-1555851841, when playing h264 files I get couple of slow downs, the screen slows down but the audio is fine so becomes out of sync, if I go back or forward in the file it goes back to normal, but can happen again later, found if I disable h/w decode for h264 the problem seems to go away. will capture logs and upload.

@Ray @andyxm715 Yep, same here video slows down but audio is fine, jumping back 10 seconds fixes it but it does happen again, it can happen 4 or 5 times in a 45 minute TV episode. I will say the issue, for me at least, was also present in devel-1555651433, but I didnā€™t notice it in builds before that. Iā€™ll grab a log next time it happens.

Happens also for me. It is more common for 1080p than 720p.

Get an emmc.

Hi! Very impressed with the devs work so far! Is it possible to get a changelog for the latest release? For me it is working really well (no problems at all so far), so every time a new update pops up I wonder if I should update or stay.

Thanks!

1 Like

You should always update.

2 Likes

Like this ?

The price per GB is high.

Auto updates are forced at present for the N2, we need everybody on the same release so we are not getting issues reported from old builds that have been fixed in newer builds.

3 Likes
  1. Is it me, or the previous version, in HDR, the subtitles and the menu me were less bright ? (Now, it peeps the eyes I find.)

This is very expensive. Get one from HK. Pollin in Germany sells them too.

1 Like

Also confirm same issue.
Video slows down out since with audio. After a minute or two, the video will seek back into sync for a while.
Not present in devel-1555226781 from 14th April.
I think this was present in @Ray build on 16th Iā€™ll just switch back and confirm.
16th is good.
18th is good.
Great I canā€™t reproduce on 16/18 or 19 builds.
Iā€™ve definitely seen it on one of them but canā€™t remember which one I was running at the time.

http://irdb.tk/codes/ - it looks like Samsung is using NECx2 while Yamaha is using NEC protocolā€¦

@Comma With luck I will receive my N2 this week. If so, I will try to reproduce the BT keyboard (Harmony Hub) issue independently.

1 Like

Itā€™s the same for me on all h264 720p movies/series. If I donā€™ do anything it catches audio sync in several second at which moment the time-line briefly appears. It happens only with hw decoding enabled.
IIRC the version ā€œ1555398703_catoon_fixā€ worked OK, will check laterā€¦

Yes, 1555398703 (catoo_fix :slight_smile: version has no problem with hw decoding h264 720p files.
BUT, how can I stop it from updating? It keeps downloading new version that does not work OK for me, and have to delete the update file before I turn off or reboot the box for some reasonā€¦

Hi all,

Just received my N2 and cannot wait to get stuck into it. Can someone confirm I can backup my TX92 (S912) running CE 9.0.1, using the built in backup feature, and restore it to my N2?

TIA

Greg