Odroid N2 test builds

Running 1556153587 and LiveTV, mpeg2 1080i60, still pauses when first starting

Does anyone know if video out of sync with audio has been fixed with the latest release https://test.coreelec.org/Odroid_N2/CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.0-devel-1556153587.tar
@Ray @TheCoolest

The DSD audio format works on Kodi?

What av sync issues?

USB Power Question (cause I’m not sure, if I read it correctly ;-))
I’ve got 3 different versions of remote mini-keyboards. When using my NUC (with LibreElec) I can activate the device by simply powering on the remote mini-keyboard or at least the NUC will be powered on when pressing a key.
So my question is: shoudln’t that also be possible with the N2s running CoreElec when the USB ports are still powered when the device is shutdown?
WOL works; Poweron via Remote (Harmony-One with C2 profile) works; but Power on via USB attached remote Keyboard receiver is not happening => is there anything what I can do to enable that (possibly)?
THANKS!

@Ray @TheCoolest hi guys, so bit more investigation reveals that builds after the 14th of april are missing drivers/kernel options for the “Media Center Ed. eHome Infrared Remote Transceiver” and thus its currently not detected on boot. i am confident that the meson-ir receiver is (for the mce remote at least) troublesome, and therefore please (pretty please) would like to request that the mce receiver support be re-enabled for the next build. output from 14th of april showing mce ir receiver detected (i think the driver is mceusb):-

CoreELEC:~ # cat /proc/bus/input/devices
I: Bus=0003 Vendor=0471 Product=0815 Version=0000
N: Name="Media Center Ed. eHome Infrared Remote Transceiver (0471:0815)"
P: Phys=usb-xhci-hcd.0.auto-1.2
S: Sysfs=/devices/platform/ff500000.dwc3/xhci-hcd.0.auto/usb1/1-1/1-1.2/1- 
1.2:1.0/rc/rc3/input5
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=kbd event4 
B: PROP=0
B: EV=100013
B: KEY=fff 0 0 4200 108fc32e 2376051 0 0 0 7 158000 4192 40004801 9e96c0 0 0 
B: MSC=10

output from builds after this date do not show the above so im stuck with meson-ir only :frowning:

i have tried crazycat drivers but no go, any chance of this being re-enabled? please?.

USB is off in suspend/poweroff. And usb poweron is currently not supported in uboot.

Hello folks.
I also got my odroid n2 and started to play around a bit.
All I can say that it’s a great piece of HW and I am quite impressed how far this team got in such a limited amount of time.

I’m also using it with Live tv, therefore I have sundtek tuners for DVB-S2 and a DVBSKY T330 for DVB-C and T2.

I tested both and they are working very well. The USB part is stable (compared to the Odroid C2) and there is no packet loss (continuity counter errors) like it was with the C2.

So overall, I think also the current build is pretty stable for daily usage.

In the end, I would like to congratulate also the CoreELEC team for putting together such a stable image in such a small amount of time. This is quite an achievement!

Also tried netflix addon.
As you can see, it works fine with 1080p and sw decoding!

The video would go out of sync for a few seconds every few minutes. This was reported by quite a few people a couple of days back.

Maybe it was reported before, with live tv and 4k interlaced video modes, the image shows only in the left upper corner of the screen.
The mode shows 4k progressive, howerver, so this might be the issue.
It’s the Astra UHD and SES UHD demo channels on Astra 19.2E satellite.

Which build you are using @trex_daemon?

Have you tried that build? If yes, have you experienced slowdowns?

Overscans -> You need to cleanup your guisettings.xml
@Devs
To prevent the new ones from going back up this problem of framing. Can not we include in the build?

What would you like to include?

The latest.

Cleaning guisettings.xml

Cleaning up overscan fixed the issue.
Thanks!

Nothing wrong with guisettings.

I think he means that installing a newer version should automatically delete the offending line.

1 Like