Odroid N2 test builds

Overscans -> You need to cleanup your guisettings.xml
@Devs
To prevent the new ones from going back up this problem of framing. Can not we include in the build?

What would you like to include?

The latest.

Cleaning guisettings.xml

Cleaning up overscan fixed the issue.
Thanks!

Nothing wrong with guisettings.

I think he means that installing a newer version should automatically delete the offending line.

1 Like

Would that not screw up people who need to have overscan settings?

I think there are still slow downs. However, instead of slowing down the image starts to jump back and forth. I only saw it once for now. I will report back.

You don’t use one of my recent builds do you?

***510 from yesterday.

Well that is a new issue I noticed and introduced yesterday. Already fixed in code

USB is off in suspend/poweroff. And usb poweron is currently not supported in uboot.

Ok, thanks for the info!

It could certainly be done I’m sure. Will look into it when there is some time.

One part of a possible solution would be if the USB-Power could one day be made configurable in config.ini — but I am happy with my N2s and the progress and development teameffort for CoreElec, so no hurries at all :slight_smile:

That’s actually quite easy.

Picture quality for live tv is lacking. Not sure why. I did direct comparison with fire tv 4k / apple tv 4k (fox sports 2 - soccer / cnn)

I can visibly see some pixelation around edges and motion on corelec n2. This isnt present on the other devices. The stream is identical. It doesnt matter what stream I choose.

Edges seem crisper, as does motion on the apple tv / fire tv. It appears more like a real tv box would. The n2 appears more like it would appear on a computer. Keep in mind no frames are skipped or dropped on either platform. Color spaces are all properly set on each .

You will have to be more specific.

Try disabling the deinterlacer.

echo 1 > /sys/module/di/parameters/bypass_all

Depending on your TV this may convince the TV to use its own with hopefully better results. I use this myself and image quality especially lower resolution broadcasts is much better.

The deinterlacer can be disabled thru kodi itself no? In video settings during playback. Also, I wanted to mention I used both software and hardware decoding, same results.

The pixelation is more so a pixely haze like look. To 99 percent of people they wouldnt see it as an issue using the n2 alone, I just did direct comparison and noticed the difference. It is quite obvious through direct comparison.