Odroid N2 test builds

Not gonna happen. I’m having a weekend too. I have no idea what changed and I have not looked into this.

@Ray

The new cable seems to have cured my black screen problems which is good :smiley: Quick question, does the latest build:

https://test.coreelec.org/Odroid_N2/CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.0-devel-1556153587-Odroid_N2.img.gz

Incorporate the RC6 power on fix?

I don’t remember but use @relkai nightly. Those are official nightlies.

I’m Sorry ray I wrongly assumed you were working on the n2 builds over the weekend, everybody needs down time.

Didn’t want to sound rude. Your issue is as important as any other. I just see a lot of issues and I need to prioritize.

It seems to me that the S922x does not support the AV1.

S922X’s Amlogic Video Engine (AVE-10) supports MVC, MPEG-1/2/4, VC-1/WMV, AVS, AVS+, AVS2 RealVideo, MJPEG streams, H.264, H265-10 and VP9.
AV1 hardware acceleration isn’t supported.

1 Like

Sure I get that, I really do, I won’t mention it again and just wait until you get time to take a look. Apologies again if I was pushy.

And on the software side, do you think we can optimize more for the AV1?

No. The developers are not magicians. Don’t expect 4k or 8k ever.

You can mention it again otherwise I might forget. I have this mce usb receiver somewhere in the basement. It’s probably an easy fix.

ok cool, no probs, other than IR issues for me the build is fantastic, so im really impressed and love all the effort you guys are putting into this.

Do you know, if this issue will be fixed in the near future? :wink:

1 Like

@count.zero
I’m not sure. I’ll try to take a look at it, but I don’t have an AVR, so I may not be able to do much about this problem.

@Mister-XY
Onto some better news in the audio passthrough department. Looks like the DD+ issues are finally completely fixed. The next nightly should have the fix for your problem.

3 Likes

So, i tried the command you given me to identify whether my h264 video is interlaced and i get a “permission denied”. Not quite sure why as i can see “dc: ff-264” during playback.

also during playback , using onscreen info via ctrl-shift-o , it says deint: unknown.
This deint: unknown occurs regardless of whether i set deinterlacing to ON or OFF in kodi “video settings” from OSD during playback in kodi. Both of these settings look to me identical in playback ofl ive tv for me.

Any further input on the matter would be awesome. Loving things so far!

I did notice quality get slightly better when i disabled built in noise reduction, so thank you for that.

via:
“echo 0 > /sys/module/di/parameters/nr2_en”

Perhaps a toggle for this could be implemented into corelec in future!

Also wanted to add, Plex for Kodi addon (0.1.7a beta) once exited. May not be able to be re-opened at times. Only way to get back into plex is a manual reboot of the device. This behavior does not occur on my windows 10 machine (krypton), nor my apple tv (krypton).

If you see ff-h264 than you use software decoding.
Check you settings and enable HW decoding for h264 if there were no reason to disable it.
And possible you tried not full command, check again my message

FWIW bypass_post also prevents weird combing artifacts.

Hey guys, you add some extra’s , when you play a movie and push key ‘o’ codec info and so…
Can you add some more? like network speed, download,upload speed?
I dont know if its to hard to do, i am just a CE user and dont know anything linux…
I think it would be useful to know if you make use of vpn’s and can see if your connection is ok…

1 Like

SSH Into your box
To test internet speed run this:

Code
curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sivel/speedtest-cli/master/speedtest.py | python

1 Like

Something like ntop/ntopng seems interesting. If, it doesn’t take too much resources, of course…