Odroid N2 test builds

If you’re using the whitelist, then you have to also whitelist 4K. Or disable whitelist altogether.

This is embarrassing . . . I accidentally unplugged the unit. The hard reboot enabled the 4K settings. Sorry for wasting valubale time. At least I managed to triple check all my settings! And I’ve gained a health respect for CoreElec. Veru nice and impressive.
Thanks for your time. It’s appreciated.

And a few hours later the N2 and the 6/20 nightly are close to flawless. A dream for me. I know you don’t get much good from flattery and praise but I’ve gone through a lot of boxes (Starting with a WGTV about 9 years ago) and this is close to perfection for me. (I say close so the next time I screw it up I can come back here and whine and complain.)
Everything I wanted I get, ssh, samba 4k and I think you should have trumpeted that you’ve sorted the aac and flac pain in the neck (it even decodes aac 5.1!)
Many, many thanks. I have to go read know so I can figure out how to update the nightly without pulling the eMMC card out everyday . . .

@eraser1320 Can you give this build a try. @Comma It’s probably worth it for you to give this build a try as well to see if it helps your Bluetooth issue as well.

https://test.coreelec.org/cdu13a/public.builds/CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.0-devel-1561160948.tar

It seems to resolve the issues I was able to reproduce with the PS4 controller and the CSR8510 based Bluetooth adapter. It also doesn’t seem to have any issue with the Bluetooth headphones I have either.

My experience as well, super fast to set up and works great. You don’t see that very often with consumer products. For example I just bought a new AVR and spent more time on that than I did setting up the N2. And I have some complaints with the interface design of the AVR where I don’t with CoreELEC.

I did have one little gripe with the way fast forward and rewind were working on the N2, granted a Kodi problem rather than a CoreELEC problem, but I was able to resolve my issue by tweaking the video cache (made it a lot bigger and applied to all sources). Can’t do something like that to fix my complaints with the new AVR.

Hi, since the last 3 builds i have a strange behaviour on N2. After the update e.g. 06/20 the box reboots but doesnt load into CoreElec. I see once the logo but after that a black screen. N2 is on and blue light also. If i pull power cord out and back, it boots into CE. Only if i perform a soft reboot with Power/Reboot, or after the automatic reboot after update and if it put in sleeping mode after i turn off the tv, it doenst comes back to CE, only a black screen. Had someone a same behaviour?! I´m back now on 05/30 Version. Thanks.

Applause, works again thanks :smiley:

I also noticed similar behavior with a couple of latest nightly builds.
First, I could not get them to auto update, so did it with downloaded .tar.
Second, after the update is done and CE reboots I have no picture, as it’s stuck booting at some step. Turning power off/on fixes everything, and all following reboots or power off/on works as it should. Did not try to find out the cause for this and attributed it to my overclock settings.
Third, again after some time CoreElec Settings addon does not have normal background from the default skin. Is this intentional ?

Nothing changed here (about background of settings).

Same behavior for me. I thought it was the emmc, but probably not.

@SSC_Jarod, @Sholander
Are you use eMMC too?

This is because we turned auto updates off until the bluetooth issue is fixed, we did mention this a number of posts ago.

This is known issue, sometimes the device halts on reboot, this is a uboot problem.

Yes, change upstream by LE team is responsible for this.

Yes CE on emmc

Yeah I’m seeing the reboot problem also.

@Pelican, for me it did, instead of a specific background picture I use (it is shown on all other screens) I have blank blue color background. As @anon88919003 explained, it’s intentional.
@boot2k3, I’m on uSD card.
@anon88919003, Alles klar Herr Kommissar :slight_smile:

It resolved my bluetooth issue! Thanks for this!

Is it possible to boot from SPI?

I mean, without needing the SD card anymore…

Boot into what OS?

The SPI memory is too small if you are thinking about to run your system from it. You need another storage (sd card, emmc, usb) for your OS.

Sorry, I thought it was 8GB, but now I see its just 8 MB. :slight_smile:

I have my other TV Box with the 905 chip and I boot libreelec from internal flash there.

Cheers

You can buy emmc module for your N2 too.