Odroid N2 test builds

Yeah I saw that talking about using GPIO for a power button light. Not sure how to make that stick. I think I tried it some time ago and crashed my box.

Haha, need to slow down stepping each other’s edits. But I get it now, will try later.

You don’t need GPIO. Just change the mode of the blue led.

echo default-on > /sys/class/leds/blue:heartbeat/trigger

iirc

suspend mode

Can anyone that has had Bluetooth issues on the n2 test the latest nightly and let me know if they are still having an issue.

And what wakeup method?

after suspended, I press remote’s power botton , HDMI no signal ,network also can not be connect, only the power led lights, and I also tired power key(the gpio pin#31), the same.

Hi, i noticed that my usb hard drives 5 of them (all with own power) , not go spin-down when not in use,
meaning, when im streaming, etc , the drives spin on full til i shut down the N2, then they will also spin-down…

Is there a way to let them spin down when not in use? More for the heat then sound they generate (N2 and drives in a closed kabinet)

There was a command to spin down drives some time ago, when I used Libreelec on my RPi that was put in autostart.sh. I can probably dig it up if needed and if it works on CE…
Don’t use that any more since modern HDs have “factory” software wit which you can modify drive’s firmware to spin down after arbitrary idle time. I use it for my Western Digital USB drives (WDDriveUtilitiesSetup) and it works perfectly, drives spin down after 10min idle.

Mm i tought that its a Os thing…
Well i found this http://www.howtoeverything.net/linux/hardware/permanently-configure-hard-drives-spin-down-after-given-idle-time
Can i use this savely?

Hello,
I’ve tried searching in this topic but I haven’t found anything about it.

Does the Odroid N2 with CoreELEC transmit maxFALL/maxCLL metadata?
Can anybody test that out?

Thank you

Nope, still the same freeze and reboot issue with my PS4 controller.

6/20 Not working, no BT auto connect after reboot.

Yes it does.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=332180&pid=2862365#pid2862365

You were indeed correct.
Something is wrong with my eMMC, I should have checked this first but I didn’t really have a spare micro SD on hand before.

So unless there was something evident in the logs, everyone can pretty much ignore any of the issues I was having as it seems quite likely to have been caused by faulty eMMC since the last few builds are now running perfect on the SD card.

Ok. Glad to hear you find a reason.

Found my autostart.sh, worked on Open/LibreElec on RPi, should work on N2. Looks like this:

#!/bin/sh
(sleep 60;
hdparm -S 60 /dev/sda1
)&

It stops USB drive mounted as sda1 after 5 min. For 10 min use -S 120

If you don’t have an “autostart.sh” file, make it in Notapad++ text editor, and save as “Unix Script File”. Copy new file to /storage/.config/ folder.

Edit: I am not sure about the formatting; the above example is “old style”, today I think it looks different.

Thanx, much appreciated… i wil look into it

What bt adapter do you use? Do you know the chipset in it?

I have PS4 controllers plus several different bt adapter, and can reproduce an issue of not being able to connect the controller after a reboot, and can reproduce bt audio device connection getting disconnected when trying to repair the PS4. However I can’t reproduce the issue that you are reporting.

Some random one I got off Amazon, C-zone Micro USB Wireless Adapter CSR 4.0.

CSR8510 A10 chip. Totally could be the adapter. But I did plug it into my Windows 10 computer and everything worked perfectly.

Let me know if you have one that works, and I’ll try ordering that one. Thanks!

Hi,
Just got my N2 today and installed CoreElec on emmc 32g. Works nicely, very snappy so far BUT even though it will play 4k video it does not output it as anything but 1080p. It’s a TCL display going through an Onkyo AVR. 4k is not whitelisted, which is odd.
So, what am I doing wrong?