Odroid N2 test builds

Works perfectly on my Denon AVRX7200WA with N2 nightly.

It initially happened to me too whenever I tried to play 4K movies which the N2 had to downscale due to the fact that my TV is FullHD, and hardware acceleration was disabled because I was trying stuff around.

With 1080p files however it always correctly passed Atmos signal, both with hardware acceleration on and off.
For this reason I’d suggest you try with a 1080p file and see what happens.

I don’t know why, however now my N2 passes the Atmos track also from 4K files (still being downscaled).
I’m keeping hardware acceleration enabled, but iirc it did work properly even with it turned off so you really only have to try and wait for someone who can have a more technical explanation other than my empirical experience…

Just checked my receiver is compatible with 4k60p 4:4:4 so don’t get what the problem could be

Install the nightly and follow instructions given to you previously by @Pelican.

I’m going to just stuck at work chewing it over nearly didn’t sleep as wanted to figure out the problem haha

Today I updated to the latest nightly and something is wrong with my ir device I guess. The remote wasn’t working anymore and I did a quick check what was going on:

$ systemctl stop kodi
$ systemctl stop eventlircd
$ ir-keytable -u
No devices found

I did update to the stable branch with the same outcome. Any hints what might have happened?

remove ‘remote.disable’ in ‘/storage/.config’ or if not found, place a “dummy” remote.conf by the command ‘touch’ in this folder and reboot to enable the IR receiver.

I don’t have the remote.disable file and created a dummy remote.conf:

$ ls .config/rem*
.config/remote.conf

After rebooting I still get the same behaviour. Did something change regarding the remote on the latest nightly?

You created this issue yourself by creating the dummy file, if any remote.conf exists then meson-ir is disabled.

Also when I don’t have the remote.conf I get the No devices found.

Maybe this is helping: http://ix.io/1Rnq ?

Your trying to use a Minix remote with your N2?

Yes, it was working until yesterday evening. Today I booted the N2 and it wasn’t responding to the remote.

Very strange, everything looks okay to me, I have a Minix remote so I will try it later.

1 Like

So waking up still works - just tested it. I was afraid that it might be a hardware fault.

Surely because you have no ceiling speakers connected. Therefore, no need for the Atmos, only the TrueHD is active.
If you want to test, activate the channels in the settings of the amp.

yes, I was mixing up the remote decoders, remove all ‘remote.*’ from the config folder should enable the meson-ir and irkeytable.

Thanks guys for all the support, changing either setting let’s 4K hdr work so I’ve put it in 4:4:2 and all’s good

@mrwsl it’s a problem with the most recent nightly, it will be fixed with tomorrow’s nightly due in ~8hrs.

1 Like

Something is wrong with remotes in nightly 20190811.
Some keys on my remote do no longer work, but some work.
And ir-keytable does no longer work.

With nightly 20190809 it was ok:

CoreELEC (official): nightly_20190809 (Amlogic-ng.arm)
N2-KODI:~ #  ir-keytable
Found /sys/class/rc/rc0/ (/dev/input/event1) with:
        Driver: meson-ir, table: rc-empty
        lirc device: /dev/lirc0
        Supported protocols: unknown other lirc rc-5 rc-5-sz jvc sony nec sanyo mce_kbd rc-6 sharp xmp cec irmp
        Enabled protocols: lirc nec
        Name: meson-ir
        bus: 25, vendor/product: 0000:0000, version: 0x0000
        Repeat delay = 375 ms, repeat period = 100 ms

With nightly 20190811:

CoreELEC (official): nightly_20190811 (Amlogic-ng.arm)
N2-KODI:~ # ir-keytable
No devices found

In .config there is no file remote*

Output from remoteinfo: http://ix.io/1RpU

My CEC remote has also a strange behaviour in latest nightly.
if i press “ok” it goes one up and enter very annoying