Odroid N2 test builds

I’m sorry for being off topic. what I really want to know is the differences in image quality and HDR. my friend is now using zidoo s9 and is curious about the differences in image quality with N2. undecided about N2.

Then it shouldn’t be in a N2 test build thread.

ZDMC is sluggish and it is calling zidoo internal player for playback. For a great kodi experience N2 is ways better than zidoo.

For example zidoo is unable to play (just showing green static image with sound) certain 25Hz content with embedded subtitles.

1 Like

I included the option and it should be available tomorrow. You have to add this in your config.ini manual as it does not getting automatic updated:

2 Likes

Thank you!!! I’ll test it tomorrow then!

Thanks again! The permanent USB Power is working now … unfortunately is my keyboard → keypressing (soft, hard, frantically :slight_smile: ) not able to convince my N2 to do the powerup …

Good evening,

one of the updates applied on Tue Aug 20 caused my N2 for the first time to go into a bootloop. I couldn’t retrieve a log - instead I took pictures:

Since I’m new here I’m only allowed to post 1 picture or 2 links:
https://eckgold.eu/odroidn2pictures.html
The pictures get displayed wrong. If you display them by their URL it will be fine.
I hope that I did catch everything needed with the pictures and that they are usefull. Same behavior results after flashing the release from the 21st.

Only way back was a clean flash of the sd card with the version from the 19th.

Just for clarity; there hasn’t been a nightly issued yet today.

The release you got on the 21st is actually the 07/20 release. The build is created at 00:00 (midnight) of the day after the date the code merges were added. So if you get a release on 01:20 GMT on a given day, the build is actually from (and labeled as such) from the day before.

That means your issues exist with the 07/19 and 07/20 versions.

you mean 08/19 and 08/20

I know, USB wake up isn’t supported and maybe will never.

Thank you both for clarification!

Yes the issue came up with the builds 08/19 and 08/20
08/18 works fine for me.

Hey guys, I’m new here. First of all, thank you for your work, I started using openelec, then libreelec and now coreelec, it’s amazing and I really appreciate it.

Now onto my problem, I’m on the latest nightly on odroid n2 and suddenly mono is broken. If I search for it on the nightly addon repo on the addons section, it’s not there, and if I try to install it manually from https://relkai.coreelec.org/?dir=addons/9.2 it says addon installed, but shows as a service instead of program addon and it indicates as broken, instead of installed. This has caused some addons I have that depend on mono to stop working. Do you need logs? From what action? Let me know what I can do to help. And if anyone reads this and has a solution, thank you very much!

Yes. Not sure where my head is today.

Mono has been removed quite a while ago, it’s not longer maintained, nor is it included in our builds.
It’s possible that you have an old version of it as a remnant of an older version, but it’s possible that it’s no longer compatible, and so it won’t work anymore.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply and opinion. really appreciate it. I’m just thinking whether to go for z9s or N2… the better option is to get both but the only constraint is budget :slight_smile:

1 Like

aha, got it! Thank’s anyway :slight_smile:

Is there a chance to receive a silent update option? Meaning it updates without asking me on next reboot. Since the updating process is rather fast on the N2, I would prefer it updating silently without annyoing me after startup.

Could you add such an option? To set in the settings would be nice.

I am often getting stutters (skipped, not repeated frames) with 720p videos (H264) recorded from german TV channels (ARD, ZDF etc.).
These stutters appear always at the same position within the recordings and they are independent of the coreelec version being used. The same recordings play without stutters on S905 and S912 devices and they also play fine on the Odroid N2 if I switch off hardware decoding. I am not using subtitles.
1080i recordings and 4k recordings are playing without any stutters on the Odroid N2.
Any idea whats wrong with hardware decoding of 720p videos?

Have you got the MediaInfo for the file. What’s the framerate and what is the playback framerate of the N2

Upload a sample file so devs could reproduce the issue