Odroid N2 test builds

Does multichannel Aac (pcm) passthrough work. Dd+ works only at 1080p from beginning. Does it work for you at 4k?

I did not know that there were settings for brightness and contrast within kodi. Can you tell me where to find them?

GUI is at 1080p, but DD+ works when watching a 4K film.

I dont bother running the GUI at 4k, but ill tri and report back later.

Matt

As I wrote previously:
You start a video, open the menu and go to the settings (sprocket icon is Estuary), then video settings, then scroll down to brigthness and contrast, then donā€™t forget to set as default for all media (last menu entry).

Thanks for letting me know. It works for me for a 4k video as well worth gui at 1080p.

What about multichannel pcm? I donā€™t think it works at any resolution unless you use Dolby transcoding.

Thanks. I can confirm that these settings do nothing on n2.

I will probably disable the WOL switch. The issue is in uboot because the power is cut if wol is disabled. After that as you say ethernet is very slow.

Instead of replugging it you might try to restart the driver.
Try to figure out where ā€œmediasrvā€ is on that system.

mediaclient --shutdown
should stop the driver
verify that the driver is really stopped
ps aux | grep mediasrv
(kill it if itā€™s still there)

./mediasrv -d
should start the driver in the background

I have seen plenty of issues with with the dynamic scheduler in the past (especially with new systems which arenā€™t that well supported yet.
You might try to statically online the cores and set the cpu frequency to a fixed frequency (alternatively you can set the scheduler to performance which I would recommend for testing but not for permanent use)
I think I remember USB disconnects with the dynamic cpu scheduler on a system with ā€˜prematureā€™ support, interrupt errors came up and caused issues back then.

Still got slowdown issues here,

watching 1080p 50hz h264 recording from live tv.

Any logs or such i can send over?

Matt

Itā€™s fixed now!

Thanks to @Portisch

https://test.coreelec.org/ray/CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.0-devel-1556113064_ethernet_suspend_fix.tar

1 Like

Slowdown issue is known and in progressā€¦ But it takes a lot of time.
Need to test 8 patches to find correct one, each test takes about 40-45 minutes. And I hope after it will be solved.
I donā€™t have this issue on live tv, but itā€™s possible that fix is the same.

3 Likes

yeah, i appricate the time it takes, was just replying to @anon88919003 after trying his test build.

Matt

It works here /w WOL disabled. Thnks!

Iā€™m not sure if this has been reported yet, but I get screen tearing and artifacts while watching Netflix in 1080p with VP9. Iā€™m using that because H264 has the slowdowns.

Hi,
EAC3 not functional on Denon x4200W.

I allow myself to list the problems still present, for me :

1. N2 can not wake up
  2. EAC3 does not work.
  3. Color banding (YUV 444)

Proposal:
3. A whitelist for the YUV 444 ?

H264 on NF is not HW decoded so there are no slowdowns.

1.) Not true. Works here. Itā€™s your setup.
3.) You have not provided enough info. I asked you to disable HDR2SDR

My N2 has arrived :grinning:

Iā€™m struggling however to get my IR control to be recognised:

systemctl stop kodi
systemctl stop eventlircd
ir-keytable -p NEC,RC-5,RC-6,JVC,SONY -t

Doesnā€™t show any output when I press keys on my controller. Iā€™ve read through this long thread and canā€™t find anything relevant , although apologies if I have missed something.

Any help would be appreciated.

On a related matter 9.0.1 came with a xbox_360 config which I used instead of manually configuring the keys. I canā€™t find this any more. Arenā€™t example keymaps included in the build any more?

-c option missing from ir-keytable

I updated my AVR to the last firmware but unfortunately AAC and E-AC3 still not working for me :frowning:

1 Like