Odroid N2 test builds

I’ve also run with echo 1 > /sys/module/di/parameters/bypass_post set up in autostart.sh since this morning. Watched about 2 hours of snooker and news (in glorious H264!) and not a single freeze. I think you’ve cracked it Ray. I’ve seen that Matt thinks so too. :grinning:

Subsequent edit. Spoke too soon. I had to disable the autostart and reboot in order to watch Eastenders from IPlayer WWW. With bypass_post enabled the picture was visibly jerky as if frames were missing.

The 480p and 576p SD modes in Kodi whitelist is not working properly, the aspect ratio is wrong, so we can’t use the native resolution.

Another problem is the chroma upsampling quality, but it is also bad with the super scaler.
Please check with this video: Chroma test, Explanation
With N2 it looks like worse than Nearest Nighbor, but with S905X is near Bicubic.

Just to clarify, do you mean it’s worse than nearest neighbor in SD resolutions or in all resolutions?

In 1080p. The chroma test file is 1080p.

Bit of a hack but works here. If you have 4:3 content @ 480 resolution and want to use native set stretch 16:9 in Kodi and use the aspect/wide mode button on the TV remote to change aspect.

Yes, confirmed, it’s be fixed, that’s great. thank you and all developers.

Hi All,

Received the N2 a few weeks ago and used the test build at the time and got this issue. I have replicated the same issue after a wipe and on the most recent nightly release.

Issue:

• 4K Videos upon pressing play switch my TV to 'No Signal Found. ’ The device isn’t shut down by looking at the heartbeat light, but I cannot resurrect the display without shutting down and rebooting.

• 1080p videos play fine, although there is some stutter even after a decent buffer. What is more noticeable though is that the audio is playing in what sounds like slow motion.

Very odd stuff! Anyways, here is my log file:
http://ix.io/1HHl

Hi all,

Just received my N2 and have installed CoreELEC (official): devel-1556153587 (9.0), along with TvH client and server.

Everything seems to be OK except for the TV which stops working with a message saying it cannot find the TvH Server. When this happens I cannot even login to the WebGUI for the TvH Server. Only way of fixing it is to reboot.

Seems to happen more when switching channels via the Guide. You select a channel and it fails to switch and you just end up with the message saying it cannot find the TvH Server.

Here is a debug file.

Here is service.log

Any help greatly appreciated.

TIA

Greg

Edit: The lose of communication with the TvH Server will happen if you just start watching any TV show for a few minutes. Service.log shows:
2019-05-01 12:33:29.663 [WARNING] linuxdvb: DiBcom 7000PC #0 : DVB-T #0 - poll TIMEOUT

every 7-8 seconds.

Can confirm that auto switching to 4k is broken for me. Additionally, when it attempts to auto switch resolution upon playing a 4k film (venom), the system hangs with no way of recovery (other than a plug pull). All that is displayed is a “no signal found” as stillmatic pointed out.

As a test, I turned off auto resolution switching , and set my res to 4k, and it played the film fine.

Could you check your dmesg for USB disconnected messages? Similar thing happens for me with my USB dvb-s2. For some reason USB disconnects from time to time.

Does not appear to disconnect when the problem occurs.

See here.

Edit:
Do see this at the end of the dmesg when the problem occurs:
https://pastebin.com/embed_js/Dk9C4ypq

Edit2:
It appears the problem starts exactly 5 mins after you start watching a TV Show:
2019-05-01 15:31:59.701 [ INFO] subscription: 000F: “HTTP” subscribing on channel “PRIME7 Central Coast”, weight: 100, adapter: “DiBcom 7000PC #1 : DVB-T #0”, network: “DVB-T Network”, mux: “655.5MHz”, provider: “PRIME”, service: “PRIME7 Central Coast”, profile=“pass”, hostname=“192.168.10.13”, client=“VLC/3.0.6 LibVLC/3.0.6”
2019-05-01 15:36:05.275 [WARNING] linuxdvb: DiBcom 7000PC #1 : DVB-T #0 - poll TIMEOUT

Is there a possiblity to make @relkai’s nightlies available in the update menu of kodi on the n2? I can not select anything else than auto.

You need to ssh into your device and execute while the TV is showing a No Signal:

dispinfo

Attach the link it outputs here.

Your dvb driver seems to be buggy. Are you using crazycat or similar?

Nightlies auto update too iirc.

Using DVB Drivers from the latest kernel.

Note: using the same on my TX92 (S912) running CE 9.0.1 and the same tuners and all good.

Well it is still a different kernel. Patches could be faulty. Hard to debug this.

@gregeeh can you please post full dmesg log when that problem occurs?

Will do tomorrow. What’s the best way to get a full log, just type the command to a file?

dmesg|paste

And attach the link here