Odroid N2 test builds

You did not add the echo commands. At least thats what it looks like.
Or are you changing cpu governor ?

I created a file called autostart.sh in the Configfiles directory using Notepad++ and added the echo commands to the file. Was this wrong?

Donā€™t use notpad++
will have the wrong format

Itā€™s saved as ā€œUnix Script Fileā€ type

Sorry, bit of a n00b here,

Created using NANO, made it executable, and thenā€¦

EVERYTHINGā€™S PERFECT!!! :star_struck:

I now have ZERO issues with this lovely box.

Haha. Iā€™ve fallen foul to that many times.
I usually just touch the file from SSH then edit it with notepad++ and that works.

Iā€™ll try when I get home @Ray

When the test builds are done, will one be able to move straight from beta->release? Or will it require a wipe and reinstall?

Also, Iā€™m assuming (like the C2), the SD card mounts and is accessible when booted from eMMC, is this the case?

Asking for a friend. That friend is my USB ports. :wink:

Iā€™ve tested this build, but the chroma upsampling is still bad.
The deinterlacing is working.

Apologies for the question that isnā€™t directly related to the development of coreelec but iā€™ve just received the N2, havenā€™t thought about storage.

• I havenā€™t current got a SD card nor eMMC, can i boot straight to a USB or do i need to buy a eMMC?

You canā€™t boot CE from USB. You need an emmc module or a microsd card.
There is Petitboot in the SPI memory of your N2, maybe in the future it can boot images from USB drive.

thanks, other than class 10 is the N2 picky with any makes etc?

I donā€™t know Iā€™m using Sandisk cards only. There was an issue with Samsung cards so I donā€™t recommend them.

Re Beta -> Release - If it does require a wipe and install it really doesnā€™t matter as you can use the CoreELEC Backup function to backup to external media, then do the fresh install, then restore. I have done this many times and it always works perfectly.

If CoreELEC is running on internal and you insert a Micro-SD card it does indeed mount and is accessible.

Agree with Pelican. I use Sandisk Extreme cards. Very quick and only 10 quid now for a 32GB which is more than enough.

With bypass_all disabled this looks good just like bypass_all enabled in previous versions. All of the weird combing line effects are gone.

Didnā€™t notice any slowdowns playing SD or 4k (mpeg2,hevc). Although never had problems with slowdowns in past.

Noticed as with bypass_all enabled previously jagged edges appear in my mb_7.mkv sample.

Sorry to say this @Ray but your test build for deinterlace has just let me down. It was fine for watching snooker but when that finished and a trailer for another programme came on, there were numerous sound outages accompanied by mini freezes to the picture.

I assume that @matt77303 will confirm this when he gets home.

Meanwhile Iā€™m going back to the latest nightly with bypass_all in autostart.

just starting to test playback now. ill report back.

@Ray in the this build has any thing changed reguarding the remote? double press central here. Been fine with previous builds?

Matt

confirmed, playback was ok till i hit the adverts, audio dropouts and video slowdown

http://ix.io/1HQ6

Matt

Back to the drawing board thenā€¦

Yes there is an ir speedup patch inside.