Odroid N2 test builds

Re my post immediately before this. The CNN streams for me are now working. I don’t know why but I think it’s because my cinema amp has detected a dolby marker in the audio. All I can say is that the sound came on when I selected dolby movie and has stayed on irrespective of what I’ve set since. I’m baffled to be honest.

My personal stuff recorded from my phone still won’t play with sound though.

After one day setting up the N2 as new daily driver i can say its working really smooth and stable!
Next step would be comskip and LiveTV transcoding (if possible via hardware).
Does somebody know if there is a working comskip for N2? Does TVH support transcoding via hardware on the N2?

Would it be possible to update the first post to reflect the known issues there, and also collect a “things you may need to adjust” list somewhere? Apparently LPCM multichannel audio output (i.e. anything encoded in aac, opus, ogg etc.) is not working properly which is something I use extensively.

Thanks a lot for your great work. I am new to CoreElec but just got an N2 and must say that I am impressed. All is working well!

Two questions if I may:

• Not sure that I am fully able to deduce what the newest build for the N2 is and where to find it - can you please help (maybe update the first post)?
  • If I were to build my own image for the N2, what is then the correct way? “DEVICE=S922X make image” against master, or?

Thanks again!

Tested yesterday hdmi audio multichannel PCM
with latest nightly, but it is still not working. Beside that no other issues. Thanks for your work.

Odroid N2 would be my choice to replace my htpc (j4205), as soon as multichannel PCM is working.

Forget the test builds linked in the OP, we are now onto nightly builds, see link below, make sure you download the ‘ng’ image.
https://relkai.coreelec.org/

2 Likes

transcoding is via cpu for me, i am using TVH server in a docker container, as long as the kodi addon version has ffmpeg transcode support then this should work, but afaik there is no gpu transcoding going on.

I still meet the ir issue (slow response) with the last nightbuild when I playback 4K media.
PS:playback 1080P no such issue, ir response very fast.

Congrats on the latest builds.

Not sure when it was fixed as I hadn’t tried IR in a while, but IR now very good alongside Crazycat and my DVB-T2 dongle. DVB-T2 playback also flawless so far.

Thanks so much.

different to you, I put the lircd.conf file to the configfiles folder.

Lirc is not recommended

Hi, maybe a stupid question. But i have a emmc now with OE on and works charm. But if i put a SD card in with e.g. Emustation and make the boot select switch to left it boots inti PetitBoot … am i missing something?! Thought i could switch with this Switch between boot from emmc or SD?!

Alright, folks.

Some questions in regards to the “fore coming future (N2)”:

Are the following settings still valid per N2 builds, new Kodi versions (18.x, 19.x) and etc:

1. In autostart.sh:
echo performance > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
echo '0' > /sys/module/di/parameters/nr2_en
echo '1' > /sys/module/di/parameters/bypass_all
echo '3' > /sys/class/mpgpu/scale_mode
  1. In advancedsettings.xml:
      <gui>
    #    <algorithmdirtyregions>0</algorithmdirtyregions>
    #    <nofliptimeout>0</nofliptimeout>
         <smartredraw>true</smartredraw>
      </gui>

What would you advise?
Thanks in advance! :beers:

As for 2. none of that is needed.

1). All of that is possible
2.) Possible but not needed

The switch is between petitboot and emmc. Emmc position is for SD card too.

Possible - OK, what about “Recommended/NOT”? :slightly_smiling_face:

I have no recommendation. You can run with or without. I have not tried with.

I also would like to chosse between emmc and SD or USB to boot.
In Odroid forum they managed to boot from USB instead of SD when partitions and (modified) boot.ini is present on SD. https://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=176&t=34361#p254726
So my conclusion was to put a emmc, sd and bootable usb stick into odroid and i can switch between emmc and usb to boot from. is this not possible atm?

USB should be possible but not implemented. Also the switch between SD emmc