Odroid N2 test builds

I use only nr2_en. It’s enough for me

In the meantime, I’m using a script that “remove” boot.ini from SD when I want to boot from emmc (CE), and put it back when I want to boot from SD (EmuELEC).
Saved me from having to plug/unplug SD card to switch between them.

Not sure if it will work with other OSes though.

interesting solution for booting off either, im assuming then that the N2 prefers Micro SD card as primary boot device over eMMC?, reason i ask is that i have a Micro SD card in my N2 and it completely ignores it during boot (has android pie from HK installed on it) and instead boots off eMMC every time.

Does the spdif output on the 40pin connector remain working with the latest nightly?

I’ve done it by swapping kernels and boot.ini on an Odroid C2 to run CE and Lakka. I don’t recommend it, as any problem and you’ve got to remove the eMMC and fix things on another machine.

Ok, got it.

http://ix.io/1Iwq

Ok. Can you SSH to the box, then execute the following command, and try that video again:
echo 422 > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr
If that still produces no signal, try
echo 420 > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr
Let us know if there’s any change.
To return to “normal”, just reboot. You can type reboot in SSH.

1 Like

Is there any stress test / cpu / gpu benchmark that can be run in a coreelec environment on the N2? (Such as sysbench , geekbench etc)

Im asking because id like to see my temps when the system is stressed!

Thanks in advance!!!

other way around - it’s the opposite of the C2, so eMMC is preferred over SD. Quite annoying actually, so maybe someone can whip petitboot into shape

I’m not sure, TBH. I never looked into it.

On the N2 the SD has preference, as long as both eMMC and SD have CE installed. I think if you have a different OS on the eMMC, it won’t work.

Kodi has a python benchmark built in (kodi repo) but it lasts a fraction of a second. Not at all sufficient to be a stresstest.

Something else of note:

My 128gb sandisk ultra micr sd getting :slight_smile:
17.80 MBps avg write (max 28.84) and 105.08 avg MBps read (max 170.67).

Is this normal? Seems to be going way above spec for the read. (Max should be around 80MBps)

This is according to the i/o benchmark built into kodi repo.

Thoughts?

EDIT: nvm, i understand now this does not reflect the performance of the sd card alone

Looks like the first one did the trick!

echo 422 > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr

I removed all whitelisted items and ran this on ssh before attempting 4k and it played.

my N2 eMMC shipped with Ubuntu Mate, and I had CE on a SD card. Couldn’t get the SD to boot with the eMMC attached, even renaming boot.ini wasn’t sufficient. Had to disconnect the eMMC, allow the bootloader on the SD to get picked up, then press down on the eMMC to reconnect. Then I just dd’ed the CE image onto the eMMC and I was good to go

Do the ng builds auto-update? Thanks!

Yes, the nightly builds are auto updating.

Hello @all,

first of all many thanks to the Corelec Team! The device works really, really good, stable and fast.

Unfortunally i have a problem with my Hyperion ambilight related with resolution 1080p and higher.

When i watch a video under 1080p the Ambilight works really good, but 1080p and above, the Leds’s doesn’t work properly. Only the left side is working (partially).

The dmesg output shows often: “ge2d: ge2d timeout!!!”

Under 1080p, everything is fine and the ambilight works properly (also in the Kodi menu). I’ve tested the Ambilight with other devices like my Rpi and Dreambox and there it works fine. The problem seems to be the Odroid N2 :confused:

Here you can see that only the left side works. The other Leds show undefined colors or are black/off.

I think it is possible to test this without connected Led’s. Install the Hyperion Addon, then over the Web Interface: “Configuration -> Controller Type -> (debug) file” and in the Led Layout Tab for example ~300 Leds…

When you play a video, you can see in the Led Visualisation the adressed Led.

My Log File:
Pastebin Dmesg 1080p

Please, could you help me out with my problem?

Many thanks & regards

Yes it works. Thank you!

We do it differently than Hardkernel. Herdkernel makes emmc the default and their uboot is running on emmc. If you have CE on emmc and SD it will boot from SD.

1 Like