Odroid N2 test builds

AmeriDroid

1 Like

The option to turn off the blue heartbeat LED will be in the tomorrows nightly… it was keeping me awake at night :sweat_smile:

To enable simply run the following via SSH.

mount -o rw,remount; echo "heartbeat=0" >> /flash/config.ini; reboot

Only execute the command once.

To update your config.ini entirely without reinstalling then execute the following and then edit with vi/nano.

mount -o rw,remount; cp /usr/share/bootloader/config.ini /flash/config.ini

1 Like

Google Translate
for the future, you can misuse the Blue Led otherwise.
Blue LED flashes as soon as a new software update is available.
or
blue led flashes when there is no internet on the device.
or
blue led blinks when the temperature is too high.

German

fĂźr die Zukunft, kann man die Blaue Led anderweitig Missbrauchen.

blaue led blinkt, sobald ein neues Software Update verfĂźgbar ist.
oder
blaue led blinkt, wenn es kein Internet am gerät verfßgbar ist.
oder
blaue led blinkt, wenn die Temperatur zu hoch ist.

I’ve downloaded and installed the latest build (13th).

It runs and all, but I cannot connect to it remotely - none of ssh, kodi web or tvheadend web work. I cannot connect either via name (which is registered) or IP address, all just time out.

CE can see the network no prob.

I don’t have any such problem with by old Pi3 with LE.

Any ideas?

Have you rebooted your computer?

yep. I tried right after install (when CE asks the basic questions like whether I want ssh enabled etc), didn’t work. Switched on/off, still doesn’t work.

Not sure whether ping is enabled, ping to the IP address returns unreachable. I can see the N2 in my routers DHCP table, but the name will not resolve if I try it from anything else on that subnet.

You can already set a bunch of nodes ootb through sysfs. For instance CPU load.

In CoreELEC settings, there’s a Firewall configuration, try turning it off.

Just wanted to say thank again for all the hard work to all the devs.

Think I am getting the same similar issues as other users with Hyperion, not sure I can give much more detail than already posted but this is what I am getting.

I am getting an broken image with a bar visible on the left when looking in Hyperion, the visible bit is shifted from about the center of the image:

Not%20working%201080p

If I use the test build with enable_switch_fense then it will work for 720p and under:

Working%20720p

Was looking through all the other posts but just wanted to make sure I had all the right settings etc. so couple of questions :slight_smile:

Do I still need bypass_all 0 in the test build/newer nightlies?
Is ge2d mode 1 for the grabber in hyperion settings and anything else I should be changing?
Just in case I am being a formatting douchebag what will a correctly formatted autostart.sh look like with the correct settings (double_write, switch_fence etc.)?

I’ve attached what logs I could pull with the working < 720 and not working > 720 just in case there is anything in there.

Need to nip out in a bit but will check back when I can, cheers in advance, E :slight_smile:

Hyperion.txt (5.6 KB)
journalctl.txt (59.5 KB)

I am wondering if anyone can comment on the the N2’s ability to tone-map HDR to SDR and if so to what quality. It is my understanding that AMlogic SOCs can do tone-mapping but I am not sure if it has been implemented in CE or if it is available yet with the S922X.

I’m really interesting in finding a “low power” solution for watching HDR material on my non-HDR projector.

It works fine, but the problem is that for HDR to SDR tone mapping to have any chance of making things look anywhere near accurate would require you to create a 3D LUT for your projector, and then that 3D LUT would have to be programmed into the N2. To create a 3D LUT you need a colorimeter, a computer and software (which there is a free solution for).
We don’t have a simple way of programming in the 3D LUT at this point, but technically it should be doable. With all that said, though, I just don’t really think it’s worth the effort.

I have the equipment and know how to create the 3dlut. I currently use on with madVR. The problem with Kodi’s 3dlut implementation has been that it is limited to GLSL only.

I understand that is is probably low priority but I won’t underestimate the demand for 3dluts especially if the S922X supports 17x17x17 luts directly. From both a calibration and tonemapping standpoint there is a huge gap in this area with the devices/players currently available, especially on the low-powered end of things. Thanks for the information

Wondering if anyone , or any devs , could help me out. I had a quick question that went unresponded 22 hrs ago.

"Does the following also reset every time the box is restarted?

echo 0 > /sys/module/di/parameters/nr2_en

If so, how can I permanently toggle this command? (turns off amlogic noise reduction).

Thanks in advance!"

:slight_smile:

you can SSH into the box and run the following command…
nano /storage/.config/autostart.sh

and insert…
echo ‘0’ > /sys/module/di/parameters/nr2_en

save file and reboot and you should be good to go… you can confirm that the command worked by the following command.

cat /sys/module/di/parameters/nr2_en

But isn’t it possible since day 0 via autostart.sh?!
echo none > /sys/class/leds/blue:heartbeat/trigger

The issues with hyperion are known for the latest nightlies and we try to fix it.

1 Like

Thanks for the update :slight_smile:

Yes everything in /sys is lost if you reboot. Put it in autostart.

My N2 is connected directly to an LG OLED65E7 and unfortunately my CEC has not been working with Coreelec builds I’ve tried thusfar up to 20190512. I get the error right from boot.

On the same TV with the same HDMI cable, my C2 with Coreelec CEC works just fine. I don’t notice many CEC issues at all on this thread so perhaps something is unique with my set up.

Otherwise, I’m blown away with the amazing progress to date!

Yes, you can, but then the LED will still blink for several seconds before CE starts booting up.