Odroid N2 - WiFi Issues, General Setup Questions

I just got my Odroid N2 setup.

There is not built-in wi-fi (as we all know lol) so I purchased one of the Odroid dongles whenever I purchased. It has the Mediatek (Ralink) RT5572N chip in it.

At this point, sometimes WiFi networks will show up. I then try to connect to a WiFi network and it “authenticates” for about a minute, then fails, then all of my WiFi networks disappear.
I’ve tried doing this with ethernet disabled, and enabled, still no success in connecting to my 5Ghz WiFi network.

Also, I am not sure if this is a possibility, but can the Odroid also serve as a media center? I am planning to use jdownloader to queue up some files for later playback and would rather use the Odroid than my main rig (which pulls about 300 watts running 24/7)

Anyway, just wondering if anyone has any ideas or can share some input. I’ve tried the stable and nightly build with the same results in both. I wasn’t able to find anything specific on my wifi chip so I wanted to see if anyone else is having the same issue. I know that WiFi is not really the prime choice here but it would be nice to get it connected wirelessly as well.

ODroid N2

BT: Untested
WiFi: Not working - RT5572

Bus 002 Device 003: ID 152d:1561 JMicron Technology Corp. / JMicron USA Technology Corp. JMS561U two ports SATA 6Gb/s bridge
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 05e3:0620 Genesys Logic, Inc.
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 148f:5572 Ralink Technology, Corp. RT5572 Wireless Adapter
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0e8f:2517 GreenAsia Inc.
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 05e3:0610 Genesys Logic, Inc. 4-port hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Which one is it from Ameridroid ???

Mediatek (Ralink) RT5572N

Can’t help you with the WiFi but I can tell you that the N2 will run Plex media server beautifully. You’ll need to search the forum for hints at how to but basically:
Install docker from coreelec repo
Install Linux server.io repo from coreelec repo
Install Plex server add-on from that repo.
In the add-on settings specify where you’re stuff is.
Using the server’s web page, add your libraries.
Install your preferred client on your devices. There’s an official one and one I prefer called Composite in the Kodi repo. The only thing is that for music in Composite, you have to use play from here to play all tracks in an album.