ODROID-N2Plus SBC announced

It´s very easy to install CE on eMMc, just like install any SD card with eMMc usb adapter.

Better to know how to install CE :innocent:

That’s alright. I just hate that I have to needlessly scroll through many pages to find the correct accessories because they don’t offer a N2+ set… In fact, after searching through 4 pages of “Odroid”, no power supply for N2 or N2+ is listed :unamused:

Dammit! I checked out the odroidexpress offer for the N2+ CoreELEC bundle but it turns out their advertising is fraudulent. They actually advertise with net prices (without VAT) to end customers which is most probably a breach of competition law. They only show correct prices at the very last confirmation step. But hey… the UK is not part of the EU anymore so I guess it’s “Everything goes” now…

The VAT is added once you add the item to the cart.

It is exactly the same website as the Odroid.co.uk one except for a few minor changes.

It does make them look a little shady though.

This PSU at Pollin is the right one for the N2+

I can confirm that i have fitted an old N2 clear case on my N2+
The old N2 Power Supply is identical as the supplied N2+ PSU.
Currently running the old N2 PSU with the N2+

Not sure if I should create a separate thread but:

Anyone experienced the N2+ turning itself on randomly?

I know most probably leave it on 24/7 but I tend to turn it off. I have noticed that it’s randomly turning itself back on though during the night but I’m not sure why. I turn it off via harmony remote mapped with the hard kernel device power toggle code. This works fine I think as it stays off for a good few hours.

I have tried disabling CEC under Kodi input settings which I thought had worked as it stopped doing it for a while but seems to have come back again now :upside_down_face:

Out of curiosity- why does CEC re-enable itself in the coreelec settings after every reboot?

Anyone have any ideas how I might debug what’s waking the N2 up? Not sure if that kind of information would be captured in a log file somewhere?

Might try removing the Ethernet cable to rule out WOL.

Try to disable the wake up features in CE settings for CEC. Try first to disable “active route”.

Thanks, that at least seems to have worked so far. Disabling active route also doesn’t seem to re-enable after a reboot.

I’m looking to get the N2+ to run CE. I’ll be adding a NAS for movie storage and both the NAS and N2+ will be connected via ethernet. My question, is there any benefit in buying the 4gb version over the 2gb version? I mean apart from having an extra 2gb of ram on hand, will it actually be utilised by CE, or is the 2gb version good enough for my use case?

2gb is good enough.

However if budget allows CE can make use of more then 2gb of RAM if it’s available.

1 Like

After doing this, my machine is still reporting 1908000 and 2208000. I rebooted and checked that the config.ini contained the changes I’d made.

Just to be sure, you also uncommented the max_freq lines like below too, right?

#------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#
# CPU Frequency Control
# 
# WARNING!!! WARNING!!! WARNING!!!
#   Before changing anything here please read the wiki entry at:
#   https://wiki.odroid.com/odroid-n2/application_note/software/set_cpu_freq
#
  max_freq_a73='2400'
  max_freq_a53='2016'
#
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That did it. Dumb oversight on my part. I appreciate your help.

1 Like

Glad that was the solution. :smile:

Enjoy your OC’d N2+