ODROID-N2Plus SBC announced

Welcome @rooted. Nice to see you here. We added multidtb support for N2 and N2+ Yesterday. So every img.gz installed before had the N2 dtb. If you used an older img.gz or emmc and updated by tar it will always keep the last dtb which in your case was N2.

2 Likes

@Portisch Thank you, I had adjusted the ini file to account for the speed increase. I believe if nothing is specified it uses the maximum clock speeds?

@Ray I could have sworn I was already a member here but when I went to post I found out I wasn’t, it’s good to be here I’ve been a proponent of CE for some time now. Thank you for the explanation about the dtb, makes sense.

You guys do excellent work, it’s really appreciated. CoreELEC was plenty fast on the N2, it flies on the N2+ when doing heavier tasks.

There was a slight bug about default clock speed. It should be fixed in the next Nightly.

After today’s little bug fix.

If you don’t set the max_freq_a73 and max_freq_a53 in the config.ini it will default to the stock speeds advertised by Hardkernel. To overclock you need to edit the config.ini

1 Like

Mine looks like it’s arriving on Tuesday so I just need to edit the config.ini with the settings listed here for now?

Shouldn’t the default speed be higher than that? You have it defaulting to the original N2 speeds when the A73 cores can run at 2.2Ghz passively cooled with no throttling as per the wiki.

No you don’t need to do anything, if you want to run “overclocked” you will need to enter higher numbers.

max_freq_a73=‘2400’
max_freq_a53=‘2016’

This is what I get when I let it default to stock for the Odroid-N2Plus, which is stock according to
https://wiki.odroid.com/odroid-n2/hardware/overclocking

cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu*/cpufreq/cpuinfo_cur_freq
1 Like

Oh okay, I don’t know what was limiting the frequency then.

I will try again by commenting out the frequencies and rebooting.

edit
Verified to be the correct frequencies you listed, just a fluke I guess.

Mines turned up today.

Can i use the stable builds with thr n2plus or is it nighties till the required dtb is added to the next stable release?

Thanks

Matt

It is nightly builds for the ODROID-N2Plus until the next stable is released. However the next stable won’t be to long a wait.

2 Likes

All sortred. Just need to remember how to pair my harmony bt hub to it now.
Then I can move the original n2 upstairs.

Matt

edit,
just noticed in system it just says odroid N2 not N2 plus, using the latest nighlty.

Followed the instructions above and get this…
CoreELEC:~ # mount -o remount,rw /flash
CoreELEC:~ # cp /flash/device-trees/g12b_s922x_odroid_n2plus.dtb /flash/dtb.img
cp: can’t stat ‘/flash/device-trees/g12b_s922x_odroid_n2plus.dtb’: No such file or directory

Matt

Mine turned up, did a backup from my existing N2 and then restored that backup onto the new N2+, seems to have restored everything as far as I can tell.

Should I just wait now for then next stable release to fully take advantage of the N2+?

Try with file

/usr/share/bootloader/device_trees/g12b_s922x_odroid_n2plus.dtb

Update: You made a typo: it is not - but _ :slight_smile:

/flash/device_trees/g12b_s922x_odroid_n2plus.dtb

I can see what seem like performance improvements though even as is out of the box.

Are you sure you are at nightly. Because the file must be there.

@Ray CoreELEC (official): nightly_20200727 (Amlogic-ng.arm)

@vpeter yeap that got it, thank you

Matt

I’ve successfully installed the nightly and then applied the dtb via ssh, system info now says n2 plus :slight_smile: