ODROID-N2Plus SBC announced

I tested on my N2+. When I flash todays nightly img.gz it will use the correct dtb. It’s a multidtb.

So did you flash stable first?

I used the emmc of my original n2, then updated with todays nightly.

Matt

1 Like

has a small frequency race started?
VIM3 @ Overclock: (2.4GHz and 2.3GHz) - the performance increase is: 15.6% (overall)

Hi all just got this N2plus and loaded coreELEC 9.2.3 on Samsung 64GB Evo microSD and won’t boot get this message.

“Error in mount_flash: mount_common: could not mount 00ID= 1106-2008 ***”

The text is chopped in half at the top of the TV but I think that’s what it says.

I tried the nightly and it didn’t even get that far, nothing seems to happen when selecting coreELEC from the N2plus boot menu.

Do I have to do something manually with a dtb file to get it to work or is my SD card maybe the culprit?

N2Plus is only supported yet in nightly images since 20200715.

Which nightly? CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.2-nightly_20200728-Odroid_N2.img.gz didnt work for me.

I don’t remember but maybe 64GB uSD aren’t supported, try with another smaller one.

That’s not strictly true, 9.2.3 stable works fine on the N2 plus

Copy to SD card with Rufus and boot? i.e. no doing anything with dtb files?

Need to find a different model microSD to confirm if this Samsung Evo 64GB is at fault.

Edit: yup the nightly booted fine off a SanDisk Ultra 64Gb , did have to copy over the dtb .

This is not true. N2 multidtb is only supported in recent Nightly. If you use stable it will be detected as an N2 and run lower clock speed. Maybe other things won’t work. Don’t expect any support running an experiment like this.

64G SD cards are supported. Samsung Evo cards are easier to corrupt. You need to write it correctly.

Seems to work fine, I tried the nightly and changed the DTB but I was seeing issues with video skipping so I just reverted to stable for now.

I tried many times then gave up and swapped to a SanDisk Ultra and it’s working fine. The SanDisk is a few years old so unsure what speed it is, think it’s class 10 but who knows doesn’t have a number on it.

@Ray - I replied to you on the funhouse thread. Got my N2+ today and running stock 9.2.3 it seems to be fine as regards multichannel FLAC. I take it I should download a nightly build to get the latest DTB? I presume just drop the tar file into the update folder? Any quick tip for getting my RF remote (with USB dongle) to power off/on the N2+? Other keys are working fine. I do have USB power configured to stay on.

I’ve been waiting on the Odroid N2 CoreELEC (4GB) to come back in stock but checking on odroid.co.uk today I’ve seen the N2+ is available.

Would this be the better buy of the two if I’m happy to install Coreelec myself?

I’ve got both. The n2 and the plus.
Normal kodi usage ive not noticed a difference. The case on the n2plus is slightly nicer.
Ill havnt tried and emulation on the plus yet in theory that should be better.

Thanks for the quick reply.

As the N2+ is only £16 more I think I’ll go for that. Might future proof it a little and case is a little nicer.

On the Settings > System Information > Hardware screen, mine says N2 plus etc. but CPU speed says 1908Mhz. Is that correct?

yes that is correct. the Hardware info screen only shows the speed of only the one set of cores, and the N2Plus has two sets of cores. It’s a little cosmetic issue that nobody has gotten to changing yet, since it’s a bit more complicated to fix then it might seem at first, because of differences in supported devices.

If you ssh into the device, and run the following command you can verify the speed of both sets of cores.

cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu*/cpufreq/cpuinfo_cur_freq
1 Like

No it’s not enough to just tar update. It will stick forever with the wrong dtb. You need to copy it now by hand.