ODROID-N2Plus SBC announced

I think it is fair to say that this option was exclusively used on CoreELEC only. And Hardkernel is not to blame. Smoke was tiny. But the damage is not minor. In any case hopefully we will not have any more damages. I don’t care breaking my devices. Hate the player not the game.

My USB ports are also not working anymore.

I found that the front USB2 port still works. If you attach an OTG cable (micro USB to USB A socket), you can plug in a standard USB device and it will be recognised. I put my USB dongle for my remote and it’s working that way. Also works for USB sticks or similar.

OTG port doesn’t use the GL3523 chip so it’s save.

What did happen? Did you buy a CE bundle too? You know only odroid.co.uk sells these we are not affiliated with them. If you did try to RMA it there.

Btw. I have made a build that has the feature removed from uboot. It will be in tomorrow’s nightly but anyway here is one for the impatient ones:

https://mega.nz/folder/s44CQa5L#SjmINR9yjCs2okXE7h_oDg

Just installed the latest nightly build and turned on the USB power and rebooted after that my USB keyboard does not work anymore, only in the otg port it works. Lsusb shows usb3 ports bút nothing works.

Can you post a dmesg please. Also os-release:

dmesg|paste
cat /etc/os-release|paste

I’m at work, i wil post it later

http://ix.io/2sOx

http://ix.io/2sOy

Can you also please post:
cat /flash/boot.ini|paste

ODROIDN2-UBOOT-CONFIG

#------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#
# boot.ini
#
# WARNING DO NOT MODIFY THIS FILE! ALL CHANGES WILL BE LOST WITH THE NEXT UPDATE!
# Set your own settings in config.ini
#
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

setenv bootlabel "CoreELEC"
setenv remotewakeup "0x23dc4db2"
setenv decode_type "0"
setenv remotewakeupmask "0xffffffff"
setenv heartbeat "1"
setenv coreelec "quiet"
setenv hdmimode "1080p60hz"
setenv frac_rate_policy "0"
setenv native_4k_gui "0"

setenv rootopt "BOOT_IMAGE=kernel.img boot=UUID=2907-3627 disk=UUID=b489d058-a439-41a7-a535-8f6731a16a7f"
setenv consoleopt "console=ttyS0,115200 console=tty0 no_console_suspend"

setenv dtb_mem_addr 0x1000000
setenv uenv_addr 0x13000000

if load mmc ${mmc_dev}:1 ${uenv_addr} resolution.ini; then env import -t ${uenv_addr} $filesize; fi
if load mmc ${mmc_dev}:1 ${uenv_addr} config.ini; then env import -t ${uenv_addr} $filesize; fi

if test "${cec_func_config}" != ""; then setenv cec "hdmitx=cec${cec_func_config}"; fi
if test "${gpiopower}" != ""; then setenv gpiopower "gpiopower=${gpiopower}"; fi
setenv irsetup "remotewakeup=${remotewakeup} decode_type=${decode_type} remotewakeupmask=${remotewakeupmask}"
if test "${usbopts}" != ""; then setenv usbopts "usbopts=${usbopts}"; fi
if test "${max_freq_a53}" != ""; then setenv max_freq_a53 "max_freq_a53=${max_freq_a53}"; fi
if test "${max_freq_a73}" != ""; then setenv max_freq_a73 "max_freq_a73=${max_freq_a73}"; fi
if test "${modeline}" != ""; then setenv cmode "modeline=${modeline}"; fi
if test "${wol}" != ""; then setenv wol "enable_wol=${wol}"; fi
if test "${voutmode}" != ""; then setenv voutmode "voutmode=${voutmode}"; fi
setenv displayopt "hdmimode=${hdmimode} logo=osd0,loaded,0x3d800000 vout=${hdmimode},enable frac_rate_policy=${frac_rate_policy} native_4k_gui=${native_4k_gui} ${voutmode}"
setenv initargs "${rootopt} ${consoleopt} ${max_freq_a53} ${max_freq_a73} ${wol} ${cec} ${irsetup} ${gpiopower} ${usbopts} ${cmode}"
setenv bootargs "${initargs} ${displayopt} ${coreelec}"

load mmc ${mmc_dev}:1 ${loadaddr} kernel.img
load mmc ${mmc_dev}:1 ${dtb_mem_addr} dtb.img
fdt addr ${dtb_mem_addr}
if test "${heartbeat}" = "0"; then fdt set /leds/blueled linux,default-trigger "none"; fi
booti ${loadaddr} - ${dtb_mem_addr}
bootm

So this build you are using doesn’t have usbpower support. I disabled it yesterday.

so i need a build where it is enabled? Is it safe to enable it in another build?

In the hardware settings of coreelec USB power is enabled

No I mean your issue is not because of that. You probably just got a broken N2+

The setting is still in the Settings but it’s not doing anything anymore.

ah thats to bad, i have it just one day.

Because you said you flashed 30072020 nightly directly. In this build the setting was disabled. If you had used a prior nightly or 9.2.3 wrongly that could have been the reason. Where did you buy it?